College Profile: George C Wallace State Community College-Selma
The mission of Wallace Community College Selma is to provide high-quality educational opportunities and services that are responsive to individual, community and State needs. To accomplish this mission, Wallace Community College Selma shall provide the following:
* General Education and Collegiate Programs at the freshman and sophomore levels that prepare students for transfer to other colleges and universities.
* Technical, Vocational, and Career Education that prepare students for immediate employment, re-trains existing employees, and promotes local and state economic stability and competitiveness.
* Business and Industry Development Training that meets employer needs.
* Developmental Education that assists individuals in improving learning skills and overcoming educational deficiencies.
* Student Services and Activities that assist individuals in formulating and achieving their educational goals.
* Continuing Education and personal enrichment opportunities that support life-long learning and the civic, social, and cultural quality of life.
The philosophy of Wallace Community College Selma is expressed in the following beliefs:
* Education is essential to the economic, social, environmental, and political well-being of the citizens of West Central Alabama.
* Education should be made academically, geographically, physically, and financially accessible to students.
* Wallace Community College Selma is uniquely qualified to deliver excellent and equitable educational opportunities and services.
Imperative I: Accessibility
* Goal 1: To provide educational access to individuals with a desire and documented ability to benefit from the College's offerings.
* Goal 2: To provide affordable tuition and fees and make available comprehensive financial aid programs.
* Goal 3: To provide educational offerings in locations, at times, and in facilities that can best serve the College's communities.
3000 Earl Goodwin Parkway
334-876-9296 (financial aid)
||Wallace Community College - Selma|
||1,000 - 4,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
George C Wallace State Community College-Selma Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
Question and Answer about "George C Wallace State Community College-Selma"
No questions found...