College Profile: National Park Community College
Learning is our focus; student success is our goal.
The fourth largest community college in the state, National Park Community College averages approximately 3,000 credit students per semester enrolled in college courses blending liberal arts with occupational education to prepare students to enter the workforce or transfer to a four-year institution.
The college is among the top 20 employers in the county providing a significant economic impact to the community as well as providing services that contribute to further economic development in the area. The college has approximately 379 employees including 210 full time and 169 part time. The college's operating budget is more than $12 million. The college's payroll for last year was $9.2 million.
NPCC averages approximately 3,000 credit students per semester enrolled in college courses blending liberal arts with occupational education to prepare students to enter the workforce or transfer to a four-year institution. Over 3,818 students a year also enroll in a wide range of non-credit and continuing education services provided by the Community and Corporate Training Division. These include customized workforce training for business and industry, on-site courses for the hospitality and tourism industry, on campus computer classes, online classes, and various professional development workshops.
Over 2,000 students a year also enroll in a wide range of non-credit and continuing education services provided by the Community Services/Continuing Education Program. These include customized workforce training for business and industry, on-site courses for the hospitality and tourism industry, on campus computer classes, online classes, and various professional development workshops.
National Park Community College is located in Hot Springs AR, a beautiful resort community of over 50,000 approximately 45 minutes southwest of Little Rock . The local economy centers on tourism, manufacturing, retirement living, and medical sciences. Tourism attractions include the thermal waters of the National Park, hiking trails, horse racing at Oaklawn Park, five nearby lakes, outstanding golf courses, and a thriving art community.
101 College Dr
Hot Springs, AR
501-760-4235 (financial aid)
||1,000 - 4,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
National Park Community College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Quality Control and Safety Technologies/Technicians, Other.
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Other.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Fire Science/Fire-fighting.
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology.
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician (HAC, HACR, HVAC, HVACR).
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications.
- Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary.
- Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist.
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic).
- Child Care Provider/Assistant.
- Office Management and Supervision.
- Airframe Mechanics and Aircraft Maintenance Technology/Technician.
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
- Child Care and Support Services Management.
- Marine Maintenance/Fitter and Ship Repair Technology/Technician.
- General Studies.
- Medical Transcription/Transcriptionist.
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other.
Question and Answer about "National Park Community College"
No questions found...