College Profile: El Camino Community College District
Starting a new educational journey can be exciting and overwhelming. Whether you are transitioning from high school or returning after a few years of working, there are so many decisions to make and challenges to face. The First Year Experience program is designed to help you be successful in your first year of college life by providing a supportive, caring environment of educational and career services.
For nearly six decades, El Camino College has been proud to serve our community’s educational and cultural needs through outstanding course offerings, diverse entertainment venues, and exceptional athletic and fitness opportunities.
So now, as we enter our 59th year, the campus itself is taking on a “fresh” new look, with safety and technology upgrades continuing throughout the campus. As we move forward with our facilities plan, we know that our new construction is all thanks to you, our supporters who helped pass our first-ever bond measure three years ago.
We are also growing academically – El Camino College consistently ranks tops in transfers to University of California and California State campuses, and our enrollment continues to rise. To keep up with our ever-increasing student body, we welcomed 33 new full-time faculty members this year, our largest “class” of faculty in many years.
At El Camino College, we have 9 Academic Divisions which comprise over 75 academic programs. Each division offers a comprehensive transfer, degree or certificate program. ECC offers transfer majors for students planning to transfer to a university or professional school. We also offer an extensive list of certificate programs and A.A or A.S. Degrees.
The faculty are experts in their field–all have master's degrees or equivalent. They are dedicated to classroom teaching–there are no graduate assistants or aids teaching classes.
Of course, our students are our main source of pride here at El Camino College. The determination, drive, and discipline they demonstrate on a daily basis as they pursue their academic and career goals is truly inspiring.
El Camino College is situated on a beautiful and spacious 126-acre campus near Torrance, California. The college enrolls more than 25,000 students each semester and boasts a curriculum of over 850 highly regarded academic and career programs taught by exceptional faculty.
310-660-3489 (financial aid)
The mission of El Camino College is to meet the educational needs of our diverse community and ensure student success by offering quality comprehensive educational opportunities.
||20,000 and above|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
El Camino Community College District Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Hazardous Materials Management and Waste Technology/Technician.
- Applied Horticulture/Horticulture Operations, General.
- Industrial Safety Technology/Technician.
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design.
- Speech and Rhetorical Studies.
- Computer Installation and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Electrical/Electronics Equipment Installation and Repair, General.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Radio and Television.
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing Operations, General.
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Machine Tool Technology/Machinist.
- Ethnic, Cultural Minority, and Gender Studies, Other.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology/Technician (ACH/ACR/ACHR/HRAC/HVAC/AC Technology).
- Commercial Photography.
- Manufacturing Technology/Technician.
- Information Technology.
- Construction Trades, General.
- Commercial and Advertising Art.
- Psychology, General.
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician, General.
- Retailing and Retail Operations.
- Biological and Physical Sciences.
- Office Management and Supervision.
- Quality Control Technology/Technician.
- Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General.
- Communications Systems Installation and Repair Technology.
- Welding Technology/Welder.
- Health/Medical Preparatory Programs, Other.
- Sign Language Interpretation and Translation.
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies.
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
- Chemistry, General.
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences, General.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Respiratory Care Therapy/Therapist.
- French Language and Literature.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Japanese Language and Literature.
- Physics, General.
- Health and Physical Education, General.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Public Health, Other.
- Dance, General.
- Computer Science.
- Fire Science/Fire-fighting.
- German Language and Literature.
- Apparel and Textiles, General.
- Economics, General.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiographer.
- Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics and Special Effects.
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Visual and Performing Arts, Other.
- Technology Teacher Education/Industrial Arts Teacher Education.
- Fashion/Apparel Design.
- Geology/Earth Science, General.
- Physical Sciences.
- Mathematics, General.
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic).
- Art/Art Studies, General.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- Metal and Jewelry Arts.
- Apparel and Textile Marketing Management.
- Industrial Electronics Technology/Technician.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Graphic Design.
- History, General.
- Special Education and Teaching, General.
- Child Development.
- Autobody/Collision and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Architectural Technology/Technician.
- Cabinetmaking and Millwork/Millwright.
- Engineering, General.
- Real Estate.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Music, General.
- Criminal Justice/Police Science.
- American/United States Studies/Civilization.
- Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology.
Question and Answer about "El Camino Community College District"
No questions found...