College Profile: Lanier Technical College
Lanier Technical College serves as the leading workforce development resource for Banks, Barrow, Dawson, Forsyth, Hall, Jackson, Lumpkin, and N. Fulton counties by providing
* career-technical education programs leading to associate of applied science degrees, diplomas, and technical certificates of credit;
* customized business and industry training and economic development services;
* continuing education for technical and professional development; and
* adult literacy and education services.
Our primary educational purpose is to provide high quality technical certificate of credit, technical diploma, and associate of applied science degree programs that meet the needs of area students, employers, and economic developers. Credit instruction is offered in Business Technologies, Health Technologies, Industrial and Natural Resources Technologies, and Personal/Public Services Technologies. These technical programs and courses are offered using up-to-date instruction, industrial-standard equipment, and work-based learning. Instruction is offered on-site as well as through web-enabled distance-education delivery.
We now has campuses in Oakwood, Cumming, Winder, Dawsonville, and Commerce. Moye said this expansion has allowed many students to seek career training who could not have imagined going to college in previous years due to busy schedules and other obstacles.
Lanier Technical College offers career-skills training in health occupations, business, computers, industrial technology, and public service. The college offers a full evening schedule and hundreds of online courses to further meet the needs of working students.
The record credit enrollment figure of 3,308 does not include the thousands of students enrolled in Lanier Tech?s GED training, English as a second language courses, customized economic development training or continuing education seminars.
In 2007 the college trained over 21,000 people in all areas combined. Lanier Tech is currently the tenth largest unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, which oversees 33 other technical colleges in the state.
770-531-6326 (financial aid)
||1,000 - 4,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Lanier Technical College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing.
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology.
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Medical/Clinical Assistant.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Surgical Technology/Technologist.
- Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary.
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic).
- Fire Science/Fire-fighting.
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician, General.
- Child Care Provider/Assistant.
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing Operations, General.
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services.
- Communications Systems Installation and Repair Technology.
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
- Welding Technology/Welder.
- Graphic and Printing Equipment Operator, General Production.
- Medical Transcription/Transcriptionist.
- Medical Office Management/Administration.
- Security and Protective Services, Other.
- Allied Health Diagnostic, Intervention, and Treatment Professions, Other.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Applied Horticulture/Horticulture Operations, General.
- Operations Management and Supervision.
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant.
- Child Care and Support Services Management.
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies/Technicians, Other.
- Computer and Information Systems Security.
- Personal and Culinary Services, Other.
- Civil Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician (HAC, HACR, HVAC, HVACR).
- Business Administration, Management and Operations, Other.
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching.
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications.
- Architectural Drafting and Architectural CAD/CADD.
- Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder.
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist.
- Data Processing and Data Processing Technology/Technician.
- Prepress/Desktop Publishing and Digital Imaging Design.
- Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- Data Entry/Microcomputer Applications, General.
- Small Business Administration/Management.
- Machine Shop Technology/Assistant.
- Autobody/Collision and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Medical Administrative/Executive Assistant and Medical Secretary.
- CAD/CADD Drafting and/or Design Technology/Technician.
- Banking and Financial Support Services.
- Medical Reception/Receptionist.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design.
- Dental Assisting/Assistant.
- Computer Installation and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Nurse/Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant.
- Electrical/Electronics Equipment Installation and Repair, General.
Question and Answer about "Lanier Technical College"
No questions found...