College Profile: University of St Thomas
The University of St. Thomas is a comprehensive, co-educational, Catholic university. It seeks to develop morally responsible individuals who combine career competency with cultural awareness and intellectual curiosity.
In its undergraduate program, the university is committed to the development of the student through a liberal arts education within the living Catholic tradition and through a high degree of personal attention in a spiritually and intellectually stimulating campus environment.
Building on a base of rigorous academics, the University of St. Thomas (UST) MBA students experience unique elements such as business simulations, leadership and communication labs, internationally renowned executive speakers, student-run clubs and business consulting projects with Minnesota-based organisations. Students gain invaluable experience in an internship specific to their field of interest. Internship employers have included Fortune 500 corporations, mid-size to small companies and new venture start-ups.
The 78-acre St. Paul campus consists of the original 45-acre campus, five acres of adjacent properties and 28 acres of the Saint Paul Seminary campus (informally referred to as the "south" campus) that was transferred in a 1987 affiliation between St. Thomas and the seminary.
The main campus, built on a farm site once considered "far removed from town," is located where St. Paul's stately Summit Avenue meets the Mississippi River. The site was farmed by ex-Fort Snelling soldier William Finn, who received the property as a pension settlement after he accidentally shot himself in the hand while on guard duty. The beautifully landscaped campus has been used as a setting for two motion pictures.
The St. Paul south campus, situated west of Cretin Avenue and south of Summit Avenue, is the site of the new Frey Science and Engineering Center, the largest construction project in St. Thomas history. The two-building, 210,000-square-foot, $37 million center opened in fall 1997 and serves as a gateway to the south campus. The western edge of the south campus borders the Mississippi Gorge Regional Park.
651-962-6550 (financial aid)
||University of Saint Thomas, UST|
||Private not-for-profit, 4-year or above|
||5,000 - 9,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||No
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
University of St Thomas Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||No
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Elementary and Middle School Administration/Principalship.
- Secondary Education and Teaching.
- Psychology, General.
- Religion/Religious Studies.
- Non-Profit/Public/Organizational Management.
- Education/Teaching of Individuals with Emotional Disturbances.
- International Business/Trade/Commerce.
- Theology/Theological Studies.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Economics, General.
- Education/Teaching of Individuals with Specific Learning Disabilities.
- Management Science, General.
- Mathematics Teacher Education.
- Social Studies Teacher Education.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other.
- Comparative Literature.
- Curriculum and Instruction.
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation.
- Real Estate.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Social Work.
- Physics, General.
- International Relations and Affairs.
- Health/Health Care Administration/Management.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Reading Teacher Education.
- Psychology, Other.
- Social Sciences, General.
- History, General.
- Public Health Education and Promotion.
- German Language and Literature.
- Actuarial Science.
- Chemistry, General.
- Systems Engineering.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Industrial Technology/Technician.
- Educational Leadership and Administration, General.
- Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration, General.
- Broadcast Journalism.
- Women's Studies.
- Education/Teaching of Individuals with Mental Retardation.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Computer and Information Sciences, General.
- International Economics.
- Theological and Ministerial Studies, Other.
- Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution.
- Science Teacher Education/General Science Teacher Education.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- Education/Teaching of Individuals with Autism.
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching.
- Divinity/Ministry (BD, MDiv.
- Mass Communication/Media Studies.
- Management Sciences and Quantitative Methods, Other.
- Legal Professions and Studies, Other.
- Educational Administration and Supervision, Other.
- Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- Mathematics, General.
- Financial Planning and Services.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Education, Other.
- French Language and Literature.
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education.
- Special Education and Teaching, Other.
- Junior High/Intermediate/Middle School Education and Teaching.
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Other.
- Health and Physical Education, General.
- Operations Management and Supervision.
- Education/Teaching of the Gifted and Talented.
- Finance, General.
- Music Teacher Education.
- Law (LL.
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other.
- Franchising and Franchise Operations.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Counseling Psychology.
- Business/Managerial Economics.
- Business Administration, Management and Operations, Other.
- Music, General.
- Creative Writing.
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Other.
- Foreign Language Teacher Education.
- Geology/Earth Science, General.
Question and Answer about "University of St Thomas"
No questions found...