College Profile: Maryville University of Saint Louis
Maryville University is one of the outstanding private universities in the Midwest offering an innovative liberal arts education leading to excellent academic and professional programs in the Arts and Sciences, Health Professions, Education and Business that prepare students for a life of engagement and achievement in multiple fields of endeavor.
Consistent with this mission, Maryville University is committed to achieving the following goals:
* Provide a learning environment where teaching and mentoring students is at the center of everything that we do.
* Provide an innovative liberal arts foundation for all of our students.
* Provide selective and cutting edge programs in the Arts and Sciences, Health Professions, Education and Business.
* Reflect the cultural diversity of the global community and build global awareness and understanding through myriad international programs.
* Make the values of ethical leadership, civic engagement, and sustainability prominent aspects of the student academic, co-curricular and spiritual experiences.
* Build a vibrant campus community through outstanding co-curricular programming, athletics, cultural events and intellectual exploration.
* Maintain a collegial environment embracing the values of academic freedom, fiscal responsibility and participatory university governance.
* Engage students in greater metropolitan St. Louis, serving the communities' needs and providing our students with varied internship and service learning opportunities.
* Empower students to achieve their career goals and be successful participants in the global marketplace.
* Provide comprehensive programs for non-traditional students that empower their lives and uplift their career goals.
* Provide a community where civil discourse and mutual respect are values and actions shared by all.
Maryville University will be one of the outstanding private universities in the country offering an innovative liberal arts education leading to excellent academic and professional programs that prepare students for lives of achievement, global awareness and civic engagement.
These reflect the core values of Maryville's past and future. They reflect not only what we value and how we articulate it but also what we want to impart to our students now and in the future.
* Teaching and Mentoring: Our essential, foundational purpose is the teaching and mentoring of students of all ages so they may stretch their minds, challenge their limits and critically think about and adequately express their own intellectual journey.
* Student Centered: Everything that we do both inside and outside the classroom is directly related to enhancing the student learning and living experience.
* Global Awareness: Appreciation for the diversity of the human condition and an understanding and ability to work, live and thrive within the global community.
* Civic Engagement: All citizens must be actively engaged in their local, national and global communities to both strengthen those communities and assist those less fortunate.
* Ethical Leadership: Commitment to the principle that all people have both the ability to lead and the responsibility to do so based on a strong ethical foundation.
* Sustainability: Appreciation that our collective global environment requires good, prudent stewardship and meaningful consideration of those who will inherit our institution, community and world.
800-627-9855 (financial aid)
||Private not-for-profit, 4-year or above|
||1,000 - 4,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Maryville University of Saint Louis Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||No
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Environmental Studies.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching.
- E-Commerce/Electronic Commerce.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling/Counselor.
- Religion/Religious Studies.
- International Business/Trade/Commerce.
- Art Teacher Education.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Applied Mathematics.
- Occupational Therapy/Therapist.
- Graphic Design.
- Environmental Science.
- Mathematics, General.
- Public Health, General (MPH, DPH).
- Biology Teacher Education.
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education.
- Fine/Studio Arts, General.
- Health/Health Care Administration/Management.
- Social Psychology.
- Accounting and Related Services, Other.
- History, General.
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology/Technologist.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Chemistry, General.
- Business/Commerce, General.
- Educational Leadership and Administration, General.
- Music, General.
- Chemistry Teacher Education.
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Psychology, General.
- Physical Therapy/Therapist.
- Biological and Physical Sciences.
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- Mass Communication/Media Studies.
- Mathematics Teacher Education.
- Biomedical Sciences, General.
- Curriculum and Instruction.
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Health Services Administration.
- Junior High/Intermediate/Middle School Education and Teaching.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Education/Teaching of the Gifted and Talented.
- Computer Science.
- Health/Medical Preparatory Programs, Other.
- Music Therapy/Therapist.
- Actuarial Science.
- Interior Design.
- History Teacher Education.
Question and Answer about "Maryville University of Saint Louis"
No questions found...