College Profile: Cape Fear Community College
Cape Fear Community College is an open door, multi-campus, comprehensive community college that strengthens the academic, economic, social and cultural life of the citizens of New Hanover and Pender counties.
With over 26,500 students enrolling in classes every year, Cape Fear Community College is the fifth largest community college in the state and is a major economic development partner in southeastern North Carolina. CFCC is dedicated to providing world-class workforce training for the citizens of New Hanover and Pender counties.
Students can train for a new career in one of CFCC's technical programs or earn a two-year college transfer degree to continue their education at a four-year institution. CFCC also offers a wide variety of adult education and continuing education classes for lifelong learning.
As a member of the North Carolina Community College System, Cape Fear Community College fully supports the system mission and fulfills its purposes by:
Focusing on vocational, technical, pre-baccalaureate, literacy education, and continuing education programs and services;
Recruiting, enrolling, advising and retaining a diverse student body;
Recruiting, retaining and developing a highly qualified and diverse faculty and staff who are dedicated to quality education and service to the College and the community;
Evaluating existing programs and implementing new curricula and instructional strategies to serve the changing needs of the service area;
Providing support services that help students succeed;
Enhancing student life through clubs, cultural activities, leadership opportunities, and athletics; and
Interacting and cooperating with others to encourage, promote and facilitate economic and community development.
CFCC's main campus is located in historic downtown Wilmington, North Carolina on the banks of the Cape Fear River and a North Campus in northern New Hanover County. The College also offers classes for Pender County residents in Burgaw and Surf City. Day and evening classes are offered at all campuses. CFCC also offers a large number of online classes through an expanding distance education program.
CFCC was founded in 1958 and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
910-362-7055 (financial aid)
||5,000 - 9,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Cape Fear Community College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Hotel/Motel Administration/Management.
- Information Technology.
- Truck and Bus Driver/Commercial Vehicle Operation.
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Electromechanical and Instrumentation and Maintenance Technologies/Technicians, Other.
- Marine Maintenance/Fitter and Ship Repair Technology/Technician.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Landscaping and Groundskeeping.
- Architectural Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Oceanography, Chemical and Physical.
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician (HAC, HACR, HVAC, HVACR).
- Dental Assisting/Assistant.
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching.
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Cinematography and Film/Video Production.
- Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology/Technician.
- Machine Shop Technology/Assistant.
Question and Answer about "Cape Fear Community College"
No questions found...