College Profile: Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing
The mission of the Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing is to provide a nursing education program with an emphasis on clinical competence. The School provides educational and social opportunities for the student to develop nursing knowledge in the art of caring for individuals, the ability to effectively communicate and critically think, and a social responisibility for community service.
The nursing education program at the Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing emphasizes clinical competence. The School plans educational and social opportunities that allow students to develop nursing knowledge in the art of caring, the ability to effectively communicate and critically think and a social responsibility to community service.
We believe that our nursing program is one of the best in the area. We think you will agree. Please review our top ten reasons for choosing Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing:
* In three years you will earn both a diploma in nursing from the Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing and an Associate of Science degree from BGSU Firelands.
* After graduation you can continue your studies at BGSU Firelands to complete your Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
* Financial assistance is available.
* Excellent success rate on the licensure examination. Our average for the past three years is 91%. The nation's average is 87%.
* After successful completion of the prerequisite courses, our students are guaranteed a seat in the nursing curriculum. There is not waiting for an opening to occur.
* We provide an outstanding learning environment: small classes, individualized attention, qualified instructors, a computerized learning center, a variety of clinical experiences and a preceptor program prior to graduation. You practice what you learn.
* On-campus housing is provided with spacious rooms.
* The retention rate for Firelands Regional Medical Center is 86%.
* Graduates from the Class of 2008 are earning between $45,760.00 and $56,680.00 annually. That is an average of over $23.00 an hour.
* Enrolled students have access to all the student services provided at the school of nursing and on the BGSU Firelands campus.
419-557-7121 (financial aid)
The mission of the Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing is to provide a nursing education program with an emphasis on clinical competence. The school provides educational and social opportunities for the student to develop nursing knowledge in the art of caring for individuals, the ability to effectively communicate and critically think, and a social repsonsibility for community service.
||Private not-for-profit, 2-year|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||No
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
Question and Answer about "Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing"
No questions found...