College Profile: Washington State Community College
Washington State Community College (WSCC) is a two-year community college located in Marietta, Ohio. It was established in 1971 as Washington Technical College. Thanks to former college president Carson K. Miller, the college moved to its current location in 1991. Since then it has added the Arts and Sciences Center (1996),the Carson K. Miller Library (1998), the Center for Business and Technology (2003), and the Evergreen Child Development Center (2003). The college offers over fifty Associate degree programs. The current student enrollment is approximately 2,300 students. Its current president is Dr. Charlotte Hatfield. On June 9, 2006, the college held its 34th Annual Spring Commencement Ceremony, in which the school graduated a record breaking 374 students; 285 of those graduating participated in the ceremony . College tuition for the 2006-2007 academic year is $76 per quarter credit hour for in-state students and $152 per credit hour for out of state students. The Alpha Rho Gamma Chapter of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, the college's Student Senate, and the Opportunity Scholar's Program all have a strong and influential presence on campus. The college strongly promotes its dual enrollment program (known as the Post Secondary Enrollment Options or PSEO), and there are, therefore, several hundred high school students matriculating at the college. "Washington State," as it is known to many on campus and in the community, has agreements with several senior institutions of higher learning that either allow credits from Washington State to transfer more favorably or that allow students attending the community college to complete a Bachelor's Degree by taking a combination of classes at Washington State and at the other institution on-line. Colleges with these programs include Marietta College, University of Rio Grande, and Franklin University. The college offers the following degree programs as of July 2006: Associate of Arts (A.A.) Programs Business Administration Transfer
Liberal Arts Transfer Associate of Science (A.S.) Programs Biological Sciences Transfer
General Science Transfer
Physical Science Transfer Associate of Applied Business (A.A.B.) Programs Accounting
Computer Systems Technology
Mass Media Technology
Office Administrative Services Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Programs Associate Degree Nursing
Criminal Justice Technology
Early Childhoold Development
Electrical Engineering Technology (EET)
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Medical Laboratory Technology
Physical Therapist Technology
Social Services Technology
740-374-8716 (financial aid)
Washington State Community College will enrich the lives of students, families, and the community through education, training, community service and cultural activities.
||WSCC, Washington State CC, Washington State, W.S.C.C., Washington State C. C., Washington State C.C.|
||1,000 - 4,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Washington State Community College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Other.
- Instrumentation Technology/Technician.
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
- Secondary Education and Teaching.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Social Work.
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Other.
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician, General.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Executive Assistant/Executive Secretary.
- Communications Technologies/Technicians and Support Services, Other.
- Sign Language Interpretation and Translation.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other.
- Industrial Technology/Technician.
- Child Care and Support Services Management.
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Computer Software and Media Applications, Other.
- General Studies.
- Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology/Technician.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- Computer and Information Sciences, General.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Respiratory Care Therapy/Therapist.
- Real Estate.
- Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Physical Sciences.
- Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology/Technician (ACH/ACR/ACHR/HRAC/HVAC/AC Technology).
- Accounting and Related Services, Other.
- Teacher Assistant/Aide.
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General.
- Medical Administrative/Executive Assistant and Medical Secretary.
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technologies/Technicians, Other.
- Automotive Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Computer Technology/Computer Systems Technology.
- Engineering, General.
- Mathematics, General.
- Radio and Television Broadcasting Technology/Technician.
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Junior High/Intermediate/Middle School Education and Teaching.
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching.
- Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist.
- Criminal Justice/Police Science.
- Diesel Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Industrial Production Technologies/Technicians, Other.
- Graphic Design.
- Allied Health and Medical Assisting Services, Other.
- Fine/Studio Arts, General.
- Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary.
- Medical Transcription/Transcriptionist.
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design.
- Environmental Studies.
Question and Answer about "Washington State Community College"
No questions found...