College Profile: Northampton County Area Community College
For 40 years, Northampton Community College in Bethlehem, Pa., has focused on offering a wide variety of courses at an affordable price, without sacrificing quality of instruction. NCC offers recent high school graduates, as well as adult learners, a variety of credit and non-credit classes, offered during the day, evening, and on weekends.
At Northampton, we concentrate on excellent teaching. Our faculty and staff really care about you and your success, and they bring experience and firsthand knowledge into the classroom to help you reach your goals, whatever they may be.
NCC's graduates have gone on to study at area four-year schools, as well as other colleges and universities across the country. They do well once they get there, and often save thousands on the cost of an advanced degree.
Recognizing that students are the primary reason that Northampton Community College exists, we seek to provide excellent, accessible and comprehensive learning experiences in partnership with the dynamic, diverse communities we serve.
There's more to college than attending classes, studying and taking exams. Much of what you learn in college comes from experiences outside the classroom. By challenging yourself and participating in various campus activities, you learn valuable life skills. Teamwork, goal setting, effective communication, and time management are some of the skills you're sure to develop when you get involved in campus life. These skills ensure success in any field in the years to follow.
Located 90 miles west of New York City and 60 miles north of Philadelphia in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA, Northampton is one of few community colleges that offers campus housing.
At NCC, you can choose from nearly 100 transfer and career programs leading to associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas.
The Main Campus , located in Bethlehem Township, was founded in 1967, and enrolls the largest number of students. However, Northampton has made an effort to bring educational opportunities to a larger population of students by opening four off-campus centers. By offering courses in local communities where people live and work, students who would find it difficult to commute to classes at the end of a busy day find it convenient to attend courses offered in their own vicinity.
610-861-5510 (financial aid)
||Northampton Community College|
||10,000 - 19,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Northampton County Area Community College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
- Computer Graphics.
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- Welding Technology/Welder.
- Social Work.
- Business/Commerce, General.
- Interior Design.
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic).
- Engineering, General.
- Radio and Television Broadcasting Technology/Technician.
- Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder.
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services.
- Restaurant/Food Services Management.
- Physics, General.
- Quality Control Technology/Technician.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Electromechanical Technology/Electromechanical Engineering Technology.
- Architectural Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Computer Installation and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician (HAC, HACR, HVAC, HVACR).
- Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics and Special Effects.
- Banking and Financial Support Services.
- Veterinary/Animal Health Technology/Technician and Veterinary Assistant.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- Tourism Promotion Operations.
- Fine/Studio Arts, General.
- Child Care Provider/Assistant.
- Hotel/Motel Administration/Management.
- Real Estate.
- Medical Transcription/Transcriptionist.
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design.
- Education, General.
- Teacher Assistant/Aide.
- Medical Administrative/Executive Assistant and Medical Secretary.
- Industrial Electronics Technology/Technician.
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist.
- Computer Science.
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Computer and Information Systems Security.
- Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Surgical Technology/Technologist.
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other.
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiographer.
- Dietetic Technician (DTR).
- Food Preparation/Professional Cooking/Kitchen Assistant.
- Child Care and Support Services Management.
- Industrial Safety Technology/Technician.
- Fire Services Administration.
- General Studies.
- Graphic Design.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Word Processing.
- Chemistry, General.
- Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary.
- CAD/CADD Drafting and/or Design Technology/Technician.
- Library Assistant/Technician.
- Funeral Service and Mortuary Science, General.
- Chemical Technology/Technician.
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General.
Question and Answer about "Northampton County Area Community College"
No questions found...