College Profile: Pierce College at Fort Steilacoom
We are a community of learners open to all. Our community is built on a foundation of respect and openness to change. Together, we strive to meet the needs of our diverse community and develop each member's abilities. Our commitment to quality education and teaching excellence prepares learners to live and work successfully in an ever-changing world.
Pierce College District 11 is two community colleges and an extended learning program in Pierce County, Washington state. Pierce is one of the largest educational providers in the state, and is nationally ranked in degrees conferred.
For 40 years Pierce College has been a vital part of the communities of Pierce County, developing a reputation for academic excellence and for support services designed to ensure student success.
Pierce College offers a variety of associate degrees for university transfer, Associate in Technology degrees for professional/technical training in a wide range of career fields, and professional/technical certificates for entry-level employment preparation.
Education opportunities are also available for skill improvement, high school completion and pre-college study. Continuing education provides a wide variety of learning experiences for individuals and training for business, industry, and the professions.
The College also operates educational programs at Fort Lewis, McChord Air Force Base, several corrections centers, and offers classes at sites throughout Pierce County.
Pierce College offers a variety of groups, services, and activities for students. Student activities are coordinated by a student team at each college.
253-964-6544 (financial aid)
||5,000 - 9,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Pierce College at Fort Steilacoom Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Computer Programming, Vendor/Product Certification.
- Fashion Merchandising.
- Security and Protective Services, Other.
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General.
- Veterinary/Animal Health Technology/Technician and Veterinary Assistant.
- Forensic Science and Technology.
- Computer Graphics.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Medical Reception/Receptionist.
- Teacher Education and Professional Development, Specific Levels and Methods, Other.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Assistant.
- Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary.
- Selling Skills and Sales Operations.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Data Modeling/Warehousing and Database Administration.
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching.
- Personal and Culinary Services, Other.
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration.
Question and Answer about "Pierce College at Fort Steilacoom"
No questions found...