College Profile: Advanced College
Advanced College (AC) is a private school offering short and long-term training certificate and associate degree programs. AC's mission is to build an educational setting that allows for an intellectual and productive environment for students in today's advanced technology. This mission aims at providing career education to students of diverse backgrounds, interest, and abilities. Its goal is to provide technical skills and knowledge necessary for employment and career advancement.
AC offers superb educational programs modified to accommodate professional interests and goals of its students. A distinguishing feature of the school is its focus on the importance of individual students’ needs. Advanced College provides high-quality career-oriented Computer Technology, Business and Allied Health certificate and Associate of Science in Accounting, Business Administration, Healthcare Management and Medical Assistant.
In order to fulfill its mission and general purposes, the college is committed to the following objectives for its academic units:
* To provide a quality education that challenges its students to accept intellectual, personal, ethical, and social responsibilities, which will guide them to a successful career.
* To offer quality education with a balance of general education and specialized coursework to help students gain the knowledge and skills needed to meet current and future challenges of a global economy.
* To assist students in acquiring new, marketable and computational skills in a problematic and changing world.
* To assist students in their search for employment through effective placement preparation and assistance programs, which will facilitate students' successful transition to their careers.
* To offer a variety of day and evening programs to accommodate the distinctive needs of students.
* To assist in meeting the employment needs of businesses, industries, and the United States government.
* To keep in constant communication, through meetings, with the Program Advisory Committee which serves as a link between the school and the industry.
* To offer programs in career education including associate degree, diploma, certificate and individual classes and to provide academic and support services to serve the needs of the students with sufficient facilities, and current resources.
* To provide an integrated general education in order to build awareness, abilities, and interests and to empower students to become knowledgeable citizens.
* To have advancement from the simple to the complex; from theory to hands-on application in their studies. In the Associate degree programs, students will take part in critical thinking curriculum that reinforces the process of gathering information, processing it and arriving at a supportable conclusion.
* To encourage students, faculty, and staff to share in the responsibility of participation and involvement in the college community and in society, increasing the ability to apply their knowledge and skills in the areas of their life’s activities; and enhancing their capacity and motivation for lifelong inquiry and learning.
AC has assessed labor market information, researched the job openings and various economic factors, such as population growth and annual household income, to determine future job prospects so that our educational programs would meet the expectations of the students and the community.
562-408-6969 (financial aid)
Advanced College mission is to build an educational setting that allows for an intellectual and productive environment for students in today's advanced technology. Further, the mission is to provide technical skills and knowledge necessary for employment and career advancement.
||Private for-profit, 2-year|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Advanced College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
Question and Answer about "Advanced College"
No questions found...