MISSION AND PURPOSES
SDGA is a unique concept in the field of education. It is dedicated to rigorous academic standards as well as enhancement of golf proficiency.
The mission of SDGA is to prepare qualified students for positions in golf complex operations and management. This is achieved through a curriculum that focuses on business management, the golf industry, modern teaching methods, and sound human relations skills. Excellence and continuous improvement in the provision of education and placement are at the core of SDGAs philosophy.
The purposes of the Academy are as follows:
1. To provide students with an educational background in business management and a solid foundation in general education.
2. To prepare students to ultimately assume positions in golf management at a country club, golf facility, or other golf related businesses.
3. To introduce students to the areas of specialization, including equipment technology, modern merchandising, computers for managing business activities and tournaments, and the growth of golf as a game and a business.
4. To teach the essentials of the business of golf and golf game so that students will develop to their full potential in the industry.
5. To prepare students to become effective and innovative golf instructors and managers.
6. To provide educational and training programs that satisfy the needs of students as well as those of the overall golf industry.
7. To expose students to the increasing sophistication of the golf industry and associated demand for multifaceted personnel who are able to assess and promote the objective of the employer(s).
||Private for-profit, 2-year|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Golf Academy of Hawaii Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
||Neither required nor recommended|
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Question and Answer about "Golf Academy of Hawaii"
No questions found...