College Profile: San Jacinto College - South Campus
San Jacinto College is a comprehensive, public, two-year community college, accountable and responsive to the taxpaying citizens of The San Jacinto College District. Blending traditional methodologies and technology-based delivery systems, the College delivers accessible, affordable, high-quality basic skills, academic support, and post-secondary education programs, which prepare students to enter the job market, to transfer to senior institutions of higher education, to achieve their personal and professional goals, and to assume leadership roles in a culturally and ethnically diverse global community. Through our programs, services, and partnerships with industry, the College supports the economic growth of the community and of the region.
Advantages Offered by San Jacinto College
* San Jacinto College is tax supported both by the State of Texas and the college district; therefore, students pay only a fraction of the total cost of their education.
* Tuition and fees are comparatively low.
* Students attending San Jacinto College can commute to and from school.
* Financial assistance is available in the form of scholarships, grants, and loans.
* Part-time jobs are available on campus.
Variety of Programs
* Academic courses that transfer to a senior college or university
* Technical courses that lead to a certificate or associate degree and provide job-entry skills
* Continuing education programs and courses
* Contractual agreements with external agencies
Variety of Schedules
* Both day and evening classes for the fall, spring, and summer terms at each of the three campuses and at the extension centers
* Weekend classes in the fall and spring terms
* Distance learning classes
Activities and Services
* Students can develop leadership qualities in activities such as recreational sports, religion, music, speech, debate, journalism, lyceum programs, civic and social clubs, academic programs, athletics and student government.
* Student services include childcare centers, financial aid, job placement, veterans' information, bookstores, libraries, counseling, testing services and assistance for special populations.
Access to Faculty
* All full-time faculty at San Jacinto College post conference hours for meeting with students.
* Adjunct faculty may not have regular conference hours on campus, but students may contact these faculty by telephone, e-mail, Internet, or campus mail. Students may also arrange appointments with adjunct faculty by contacting the associate dean of the appropriate division or the Evening Division Office.
* Students enrolled in weekend classes may call the Weekend Office.
* Students enrolled in continuing education classes on a campus may call the Continuing Education Office.
* Students enrolled in classes at an extension center may call the appropriate extension center office.