Sales management consultant, sales trainer and coach Fius van Laar provides five easy, extremely useful steps in improving your elevator pitch.
- Be prepared and know who your target group is, specifically if you are at a specific event, you can know who are the likely attendees and their purpose in coming
- Make sure your pitch is concise and consistent…“talking about yourself for sixty seconds is long enough”
- It is important to expressly say what you can do for the target business
- Send out positive visual cues, e.g., stand up straight and look motivated…“if anything is contagious it’s enthusiasm”
- Use the remaining time for a “call to action” like setting up an appointment