Sales Associate - Home/Garden-3
It is the primary responsibility of the Retail Sales Associate to provide guests with assistance and excellent guest service at every point of contact while providing a comfortable shopping environment in accordance with property standards. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Greets all customers, rings sales on the register, gives correct change and sales receipt, and bags merchandise.
• Answers phones promptly and courteously, and takes accurate messages when necessary.
• Maintains floor standards, customer service standards, and utilizes selling skills.
• Folds and hangs merchandise, replenishes stock, and maintains stock on racks, shelves, glass cases, armoires, and in stock room.
• Assists in preparation of physical inventory or cycle counts.
• Performs shift housekeeping duties to maintain tidy appearance of sales floor.
• Follows cash handling procedures, including counting cash, checking counterfeit currencies, checks, charges, charges to an expense center, and comps.
• Writes information on Sales Associate report and deposits daily revenue in employee bank for next shift.
• Upsells items and/or uses suggestive selling to guests whether working in commission or non-commission positions.
• Promotes the brand during interactions with guests.
• Promotes and maintains the highest level of guest service while staying alert to guests’ needs.
• Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to the property and the local area while providing excellent service.
• Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, and notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• One (1) year of retail experience.
• Previous cash handling experience.
• Previous experience in hospitality industry.
• Bilingual abilities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• CARE Card.
• State gaming requirements where applicable.
• TAM Card where applicable.
• Health Card where applicable.
• Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
• Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking, writing, and reading English. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
• Listening: The ability to understand key pieces of spoken information, separating relevant from irrelevant information, and following verbal instructions and explanations. This includes listening attentively to spoken information to ensure that the intended message has been accurately received, holding responses until the person has finished making his/her point, and repeating information to ensure accuracy.
• Problem Solving: The ability to define, diagnose, and resolve problems. This includes seeking, logically examining, and interpreting information from different sources to determine a problem’s cause and developing a course of action to resolve the problem and to prevent its reoccurrence.
• Detail Orientation: The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities and taking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work are correct and of high quality.
• Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks.
• Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick, accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand, one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
• Multi-Tasking: The ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Initiative: The ability and willingness to take independent action and complete job tasks without being instructed to complete them. This includes the ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed, to seek out additional assignments or tasks, and to help others.
• Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen to and address others’ questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
• Cash Handling: Knowledge of policies and procedures related to handling money and maintaining the security of the cash drawer. This includes knowledge of policies and procedures related to security of money (e.g., where to keep bills during a transaction, knowledge of procedures to check counterfeit currencies, who has access to the cash drawer, and securing the drawer).
• Cash Register: The ability to operate, organize, and balance a cash register. This includes knowledge of the policies for ensuring that bank is accurate and organizing the register. This also includes the ability to complete sales transactions and process payments (including credit cards, traveler checks, money orders, coupons, discounts, gift certificates/cards, or store credit).
• Property Features/Services: Knowledge of and ability to speak about and promote services, amenities, hours of operation, property layout, and activities offered by property.
• Integrity and Company Policies Knowledge: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and company policies, procedures, and regulations. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information and avoiding conflict of interest situations.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Oxon Hill.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process