The Strategic Account Planner manages the strategic planning partnership between MatchPoint client service and creative, and the assigned clients, functioning as the ‘voice of the shopper’. This individual reports to the Director, Strategic Planning.
- Deliver planning support to the agency client team including competitive insights, syndicated/research data analysis, and custom client research, to drive creative strategy development and agency shopper communications.
- Interface with Acosta Insights research, client research departments, and outside research resources, to secure data for use in the strategic planning process.
- Stay abreast of trends in shopper marketing and contribute industry learning to agency wiki and client/external publications.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Planning team on quarterly publication of white-papers for both internal and external use regarding trends in grocery, retail, product categories, and other topics related to shopper marketing.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other aligned field.
- 5+ years brand marketing, promotion agency, shopper marketing or consumer marketing research experience.
- Experience working with IRI, Nielsen, RetailLink, and other syndicated research data tools.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods and survey design.
- Experience with the creative development process.
- Experience with dunnhumby or other consumer loyalty card databases.
- Direct client interaction or account management experience.
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint ability for effective data analysis and presentation.
- Exceptional written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to “connect-the-dots” of research by analyzing data and yielding actionable conclusions.
- Persuasive consultative presentation style to effectively sell-in strategic plans to internal teams, management and clients.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Chicago.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process