Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of innovative water management products and drainage solutions. ADS operates a global network of 61 manufacturing plants and 29 distribution centers through our 3,800 employee team members.
Why choose ADS? We seek out the best talent and provide you with resources for career development, support and the chance to lead something big. We offer tremendous opportunity for individuals who want to advance in the industry through innovation and leadership. Choosing a career with ADS means joining a great company and being part of a great family.
Find out more by visiting us at http://www.ads-pipe.com/en/contact/ads_careers.asp.
2nd Shift Yard Loader - starting wage $14.40 with additional $2.00 earning potential in first 12-18 months through completion of certifications.
A Yard Loader is responsible for safely and accurately loading and unloading all deliveries made and received by ADS. A Loader must demonstrate safe and proper vehicle operation at all times. A Loader also interacts with company and non-company drivers as well as will-call customers. Loaders should represent ADS in a friendly and courteous manner and display excellent customer service skills. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. Loaders report directly to the Yard Supervisor and/or Yard Manager
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
- Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to Yard Supervisor
- Ensure proper product rotation
- Practice proper forklift and yard vehicle operation and preventive maintenance
- Maintain yard housekeeping, organization and layout
- Finished Goods quality inspections
- Maintain and build job skills through company training programs
- Promote good customer service
- Load and unload all deliveries utilizing a forklift or physical labor
- Confirmation of customer orders (ASN)
- Minimization of loading errors
- Maintain paperwork and product transfers
- Management of CPU’s and RMA’s
- Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
- Safely operate all yard vehicles
- Creation of all required shipping documents
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Leadership, professionalism, organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of local shipping regulations
- Knowledge of all ADS products
- Familiarity with AG & resale products
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic Inventory Management
- Forklift & OTR vehicle driving skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience as ADS Down Stream Technician or Production Hauler
- Previous customer service and/or warehouse experience
- The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds to a height of 6 feet
- The employee will be working specified shifts and moving around at all times, which will require the ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
- Facilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes
- The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods
- The Position requires full range of body motion on a daily basis including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Napoleon.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process