Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra high strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/ defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies.
POSITION TITLE: SUB-MARKET LEAD - FASTENERS
POSITION LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
As the lead for a specific segment within the Aerospace sector, you will be responsible for market development and sales goal achievement focusing primarily on product and applications used in aircraft / aerospace markets.
- Develop and drive plans to maintain Carpenter's current market share and sources of business
- Develop deep understanding of the market and Carpenter's relative positioning
- Develop, manage and execute market growth strategies and plans
- Understand and capitalize on market & customer trends and business drivers
- Implement segmentation strategies based on needs and behaviors
- Determine requirements to secure growth, develop business cases, and create & execute growth plans
- Manage knowledge associated with market analysis and competitive intelligence collected by outside sales, inside sales, customer service and marketing
- Forecast forward revenue expectations and projected growth
- Make pricing decisions based on value-based pricing and knowledge of competitors and substitutes in market
- Understand common alloys used in sub-market, and advocate for new alloys with relevance in sub-market with new product development
- With Marketing and Sales, generate, compile and disseminate leads to sales force; Manage market lead funnel
- With Marketing, Sales and Customer Service, develop and disseminate training to Sales and CSRs on relative value proposition, product applications, and customer uses
- With Key Account Managers, develops specific account plans
- With Sales, implements growth strategies with go-to-market / channel input
- Four year college degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering/Science. MBA preferred
- 10+ years of marketing / sales experience including at least ten years of supervisory experience or equivalent as determined by department management. Experience in international sales and / or organizational design is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of sales / marketing principles – especially with a focus on the nuances of direct and distribution sales
- Advanced knowledge of sales process (how we sell) and forecasting
- Advanced knowledge of Carpenter’s market segments / industries
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Strong verbal presentation and business writing skills
- Ability to travel
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.