It is the responsibility of the Executive Steward to manage the Stewarding department by overseeing operations and assisting the Director of Stewarding. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Grand policies, practices, and procedures.
• Oversee daily operations in the stewarding department to ensure departmental strategic goals and intent are being met and exceeding expectations.
• Achieve all service, financial and human resources goals set forth by the Executive Director of F&B.
• Manage Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company and department policies, and legal requirements.
• Assist in reviewing monthly department P & L and budget. Analyze and address areas concern and define needs for improvement. Find ways to improve P & L results and communicate with stewarding managers accordingly to implement changes and plans of action.
• Maintain staffing levels within department allocations.
• Plan training procedures of department personnel.
• Monitor and assist all assistants with personnel scheduling and discipline.
• Assist with coordinating and communicating with all outside vendors and services, and Health Department.
• Assist in coordinating purchase needs and parts to properly operate Food & Beverage outlet needs and fill outlet requisitions.
• Communicate with other departments of the hotel, as needed.
• Responsible for walk-through inspections of kitchen areas.
• Maintain all personnel records, including attendance, vacations, counseling notices, and employee performance reports.
• Communicates with department employees, informing of policies and standards and ensuring proper health code requirements are maintained.
• Other job related duties as requested
• Assistant Executive Steward
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, other related field, or equivalent leadership experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in management or supervisory role
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience as in Stewarding or similar level position in a Four- or Five- Diamond property that includes both quantitative & fine dining venues, multiple bars and lounges, and a full service banquet convention facility.
• Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
• Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Gaming License
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Organizational skills to function effectively with attention to detail while meeting established deadlines.
• Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel required.
• Working knowledge of various cleaning chemicals and agents; knowledge of MSDS sheets and procedures.
• Ability to establish guidelines for proper staffing to maximize efficiency and minimize labor costs.
• The ability to handle all situations professionally and excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with guests, management and employees.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment; maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Oxon Hill.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process