Parts Specialist (Heavy Duty Parts)
Location: Roanoke, VA
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00
For full description, other opportunities and to expedite application process, visit www.EvolutionHR.com
Primarily responsible for assisting the Divisional Staff with the daily operations of the branch's parts department. Act as a resource for internal and external customers both in person and on the phone.
- Must display excellent customer service skills and assist customers in a professional, courteous and prompt manner at all times.
- Must follow Company mandated training schedule and continuing education provided by their Manager.
- Respond to Service Department and outside customer's needs for parts. These will include end users and technicians. Primarily responsible for the Customer parts counter. A positive and helpful attitude is expected at all times.
- Contribute to the overall sales efforts of the company by talking to customers, understanding their needs, offering solutions, and upselling where possible.
- Invoice all parts as they leave the Parts Department. This may be on a repair order or counter invoice. Ensure all parts are accounted for in the business system prior to the parts leaving the Parts Department. No parts are issued to customers or technicians without an invoice.
- Assist with increasing sales volume while maintaining company's monthly 30% gross profit goal. Assist department in reduction of expenses to maintain 20% operating profit.
- Assist and direct the distribution of parts to the shop and outside customers as needed. Pick up needed parts and supplies from local outside vendors as requested, as well as pick up parts from other branches when directed. Make delivery and pick up runs with in expected timeframes.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and the safe operation of company vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to safely operate forklift, must maintain a valid forklift operator's license and for other material handling equipment. Must complete daily inspections on vehicles and equipment.
- Understand where to obtain answers to inquiries. Be knowledgeable on all parts lines carried by company.
- Process parts as received from the vendors. Unpack, verify quantities, stock on shelves, update bin locations. Must have ability to safely lift and handle up to 100 LBS.
- Work with Parts Manager to increase inventory turns and proper inventory levels.
- Maintain daily lost sales reports, weekly cycle counts, and daily customer call reports.
- Answer incoming phone calls within three rings in a courteous and professional manner. Fill orders for phone and counter customers. Market our products and services to these customers. Maintain all parts areas in a neat and orderly fashion, including inventory on shelves.
- Perform various tasks and functions as assigned by management.
- Must have experience in heavy duty parts
- Must be reliable, dependable, great work ethic, pleasant, articulate and organized
- Able to pass a same day drug screen, court check
- High school degree required
- 1 year of experience and familiar with trucking industry
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Meadowview.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process