Basic Job Info
4 Year Degree
We are seeking office based Land Surveyors to provide consulting services to our clients in the public, private, and industrial sectors in the development of infrastructure. Imagine a place where responsibility is shared equally among all employees. Where leaders are approachable, and the open-door policy is the rule. Where employees are tasked to be innovative and work with an entrepreneurial spirit. Welcome to Manhard Consulting. We see problems as an opportunity for creativity, and we are looking for problem solvers to join our dynamic team. Our firm is organized into small teams to give you a strong sense of accountability and to achieve great results. The dress is business casual, the work environment is pleasant, work hours allow for flexibility, and we have a lot of fun! We are seeking energetic and motivated entry level Surveyors to join our Centennial, Colorado; Vernon Hills, and Lombard, Illinois; Reno, Nevada; and The Woodlands, Texas offices.
As a Staff Surveyor, you will with Survey Managers, Survey Project Managers and Staff Surveyors to successfully complete residential, commercial and industrial land development projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Research property ownership for deeds, plats, easements, dedications and other burdens or benefits at local County Recorder offices and online.
• Request information from title companies, highway departments, municipalities, etc. that relate to property being surveyed and adding information to CAD drawing
• Put together field packets for field work, check and breakdown field notes and coordinate information & questions with field crew and project manager
• Preparation of Construction, Subdivision, ALTA, Boundary, Topographic, and Special Surveys, Legal Descriptions and Surveying Exhibits to fit client needs
• Manage CAD generated surface models and generate accurate contours, cross sections and profile drawings for engineering design• Perform field work as needed
Project Surveyor responsibilities include:
• Perform CAD tasks in the preparation of Construction, ALTA, Boundary, Topographic, and Special Surveys, Legal Descriptions and Surveying Exhibits to fit client needs
• Prepare and manage construction layout calculations for field staff
• Manage CAD generated surface models and generate accurate contours, cross sections and profile drawings
• Perform project research and setup
• Perform field work when necessary
• Mentor other survey staff members
Manhard his proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
• College degree in civil engineering, construction management, surveying and geomatics or BS in a related science and at least 24 semester hours of land surveying approved courses per 225 ILCS 330/13Must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 or higher
• Ability read and understand Architectural, Structural and Engineering Site Plans
• Familiar with Trimble surveying equipment (VRS/GPS, S5 & S6 Total Stations), level and various other surveying equipment
• Must communicate well with clients, other professionals (architects, engineers, landscape architects, site supervisors, etc), accommodate client needs and create work orders to complete field work
• Valid driving license and driving record acceptable to our Company insurance provider
• Must be U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (without sponsorship)
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Centennial.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process