Senior Project Estimator (ID# 33951)(Senior Project Control Specialist)
Basic Job Info
4 Year Degree
About WSP USA
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com.
WSP has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Project Estimator to join our Project Controls Group, with specific emphasis on major urban airport facilities throughout the United States. Estimating experience with state-of-the-art baggage handling and security systems is highly desirable. Initial assignments will focus on cost estimating in support of major project changes and claims negotiation and resolution. The successful candidate will:
- Review Contractor Detail Change Order Requests and determine material requirements, processing and job routing.
- Perform accurate quantity surveys for all types of construction systems and materials.
- Create detailed, market related owner’s cost estimate for scope change, work delays, etc. for assigned projects.
- Obtain labor rates, taxes and insurance requirements, as needed for estimate development.
- Assist the Resident Engineers and Project Managers with change analysis and development and / or validation of control budgets.
- Maintain an operating awareness of all contract issues and project participants.
- Prepare basis of estimate as required in accordance with the program requirements
- Seek additional useful data from various sources
- Review designs and specifications for cost-effectiveness and suggest appropriate alternatives
- Participate in client and contractor negotiations to resolve contract changes and claims
- Perform other duties and projects as needed
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Civil Engineering), Construction Management, or related
- 7+ years related experience in aviation projects
- Strong knowledge of OnScreen Takeoff software and MS Excel.
- Able to demonstrate progressively-increasing responsibility in estimating within Aviation and Heavy Civil/Transit projects, working effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Major Aviation Project Estimating, including:
*Quantity take-off preparation, including setting format for others to take-off
*Labor Pricing using crew base and man-hours estimating methodology
*Estimates - from conceptual to detailed
*Material Pricing – secure quotes
*Strong MS Excel skills
*HCSS and Timberline estimating software
- Demonstrated skill/experience in development of detail contractor-style crew-based cost estimates using HCSS and Timberline software applications
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- The ability to work well with others within a team-based matrix project/company environment
- The ability to work well with client personnel
- The ability to gain the acceptance and understanding of specialized aspects of estimating procedures
- The ability to work in the United States immediately is required.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in New York.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process