Welder/operator will work from customer/shop drawings and control travelers to apply weld overlay to various components to produce the high quality products. Welder/operator is expected to continuously meet department and company safety and performance standards, as well as maintaining compliance with project specifications and delivery requirements. Welder will operate automated panel and/or tube machines, in addition to all ancillary tasks associated with tube/panel production. Welder/operator must be capable of performing all aspects of TIG and MIG welding. A welder/operator must be able to work any shift (day or night) in additional to overtime and weekends when required. Depending on skill level and training, some traveling to work on field sites may be available throughout the year.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
High school Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required; or one year related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (1 year minimum experience).
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Job knowledge through suitable education or prior work experience
- Have the ability to regularly lift 25-50 pound and up to 100 pounds
- Knowledge on how to set up weld machines and produce quality MIG and TIG beads
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions, work orders and engineered drawings
- Must possess basic math and troubleshooting skills
- Must exhibit good work ethics and team skills
- Must work at a reasonable pace, which is measured by production efficiency, within the AZZ quality and safety standards
- Must demonstrate the ability to work safely
- Accurately measure (read steel tape and lay out locations for welds)
- Must be able to follow written/verbal instructions, technical specifications and operate basic metal-working hand tools (grinder, drill, band saw, torch, etc.)
- Must demonstrate punctuality and keep excused absences to an acceptable level
- Required to certify under AZZ's Safety & Quality Program on the following:
- Overhead crane
- Manual GMAW & GTAW
- Automated panel and/or tube machines
- Operate automated panel and/or tube machines independently and proficiently with minimal re-work or scrap, while maintaining daily production goals
- Repair defects using manual GTAW/GMAW process
- Accurately and completely fill out necessary paperwork
- Loading/unloading of machines
- Check and verify part numbers prior to assembly of product or application of weld metal overlay
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
High volume production shop.
Must be able to lift at least 100 lbs. Employee will be regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel and crouch with bending, twisting, and some repetitive.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Suwanee.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process