Basic Job Info
$14.00-$14.00 Per Hour
Support Operator/Machine Operator in Statesville, NC
Operate and maintain reclaim and/or packaging equipment. Provide support to Line Operators and Line Leads.
1. Safety -
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner, wearing required PPE and following all safety regulations.
- BBS training.
2. Maintain a team effort attitude and team approach
3. Meet productivity standards
4. Completes required documentation
5. Troubleshoots issues with quality or productivity related to the team or the machine
6. Makes adjustments as needed
7. Suggests improvements to processes or procedures
8. Coordinate with lab personnel, Team Leader and Sr. Team Leader for issues and improvements
9. Perform housekeeping duties required for clean and safe work environment
10. Obtain and maintain Operator Certification
11. Train others as needed
12. Additional duties as assigned
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands:
1) Employee must have 20/20 vision corrected in both eyes, to discern various color graphics and color matches.
2) Employee must be able to work rotating 12 hour shifts.
3) Employee must be qualified to operate powered industrial trucks and pass Forklift License Program.
4) Employee must be able to climb, bend, stoop and crawl.
5) Employee must be able to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly.
6) Required to frequently ascend and descend up to three flights of stairs over extremely fast moving machinery.
7) Required to safely access fast moving machinery which includes rolls with inward nip points.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1) Area may or may not be air conditioned or heated, and may be humid and hot or cold depending on seasonal conditions.
2) Exposure to hot and/or abrasive surfaces.
3) Required to be in tight spaces on occasion and to heights daily.
4) Possible exposure to noise levels over 90 decibels for 12 hours at certain locations.
5) Moving machinery or moving objects on production floor.
6) Floor surfaces slippery at times.
7) Exposure to chemicals which may cause eye or skin irritation and/or burns, and irritation to respiratory system.
8) Exposure to static electricity on occasion.
9) Exposure to and use of sharp implements at times.
10) Exposure to outside elements on occasion.
- Mental Abilities
1) Ability to make decisions regarding work priorities.
2) Ability to read charts and document numbers and events on paper and in computer.
3) Ability to read electrical indicators and laboratory equipment indicators.
4) Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
5) Ability to interact with digital and basic computerized record & control systems.
HS Diploma Required and at least 2 years of manufacturing experience
Must be able to work 12 hours shifts and rotate every 3 weeks
Must be willing to obtain Career Readiness Certification
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Statesville.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process