We are at the dawn of the resource revolution. In a world facing high demographic growth, runaway urbanisation and the shortage of natural resources, securing, optimising and renewing resources is essential to our future. SUEZ (Paris: SEV, Brussels: SEVB) supplies drinking water to 92 million people, delivers wastewater treatment services to 65 million, recovers 16 million tons of waste each year and produces 7 terawatt hours of local and renewable energy. With 82,500 employees, SUEZ, which is present on all five continents, is a key player in the sustainable management of resources. SUEZ generated total revenues of $16.5 billion in 2016.
- Cityworks –5 years working knowledge of Cityworks CMMS system with previous implementation and administration experience. Defines and supports work order process flow, change management and, continuous improvement of the data management processes across the Collection System department (including field crews, supervisor and planner).
- GIS Develops, and maintains the Geographic Information System (GIS) to serve the needs of the United Water Long Island operation. Develop and implement projects to improve the GIS accuracy. Change management among 25 field crews, supervisor and Planner to improve GIS daily usage.
- Planning: Work closely with the Field Collection Supervisors to develop “smart” preventive maintenance (cleaning and inspections activity) of the system. Ability to coordinate City Works and GIS historical data to plan department activities. Reviews results from inspection s and phone calls to develop follow-up activities.
- Management: Supervise staff of GIS Technicians and Planners activities. Provides guidance and recommendations to corporate GIS/CMMS efforts on behalf of the local BU.
- Supervision – Staff of 3 GIS and Planning employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Previous experience using GIS, developing and Managing GIS databases
- Minimum 5 years interfacing “work order management system” and GIS
- Minimum 5 years previous experience with CMMS and work planning.
- Direct experience with City Works software.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
- Ability to work with supervisors and staff to help review and prioritize work orders, reports, follow-up to customer calls.
- Works with subcontractors and vendors to review the work completed and status of work completed.
- Daily planning
- Ensure workload and staffing is managed efficiently based on staffing availability.
- Ensure field data is accurately captured on a daily basis.
- Customer Complaints Management
- Customer service oriented (polite, provide answers, follow-up).
- Must answer customer complaints or concerns promptly and within timelines established by Collections Network Department.
- Ability to conduct a diagnosis over the phone.
- Provide information pertaining to customer complaints and work orders to Planning Department.
- Be on call as directed by management (lives less than 1h driving distance).
- Preventive planning
- Develop data analysis based on the data collected from field crews and sub-contractors (Preventive and corrective interventions history data, inspection results…) in order to develop “smart” preventive maintenance planning which will include Preventive cleaning and Preventive inspections.
- Work Order implementation and administration
- Define work order process flows
- Enable change management among 30 field crews, supervisor and admin operator
- Improve and sustain the data management processes.
- GIS development and administration
- Develops and maintains the Geographic Information System (GIS) to serve the needs of UWLI operation.
- Develop and implement projects to continuously improve the GIS accuracy.
- Enable change management amongst the department staff to enable change from 100% paper map use to 100% GIS map use.
Physical Demands; The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this include close vision and distance vision.
Work environment: This position is based in an office within a wastewater treatment plant complex. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is both inside and outside with exposure to all kinds of weather conditions. Incumbent may be occasionally exposed to some noise, silica, dust, fumes, smoke, gases, greases, oils, electrical energy, solvents, and vibrations. Incumbent may work occasionally on slippery/uneven surfaces, around machinery with moving parts, moving objects/vehicles, and ladder/scaffolding, below ground and may be exposed to water and other liquid materials.
This position description is intended for the purpose of position evaluation and salary positioning and is not a contract setting forth the full scope of employment. The employer retains the right to deviate from the description at its discretion, without notice.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Wantagh.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process