Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With over 3,600 hard-working employees in three U.S. Manufacturing plants, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
We are currently seeking candidates for an exciting new product launch at our Monroe, Georgia location. We will need Assembly Operators who are comfortable with a high speed production process as well as attention to detail to ensure that a quality product is produced for our customers. Individuals hired for this position must be able and available to train and work on C shift (Sunday through Thursday 10:50 p.m. – 7:10 a.m.) and be willing and able to work mandatory overtime.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Work according to operator instruction sheets and/or verbal instructions to effectively perform operations.
2. Check products and/or component dimensions with use of various indicators and gauges as described in procedures or work instructions.
3. Change simple parts and fixtures to facilitate changeover of product types.
4. Visually and manually check for defects in product or workmanship.
5. Where appropriate, input data daily to maintain charts and reports to support manufacturing, engineering, quality, material control, and sales.
6. Maintain clean and orderly work area utilizing the 5S policy in all aspects of processes, procedures and daily activities.
7. In all processes and functions, comply with work instructions and procedures to ensure manufacture of products, which conform to TS16949 and ISO14000 and customer quality standards.
8. Suggest and implement continuous improvement programs.
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Manufacturing / industrial experience preferred specifically in electronic/mechanical equipment assembly or high speed equipment operation.
3. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve production goals including cycle time, Takt time, scrap rates, etc.
4. Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
5. Basic math skills.
6. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate machines properly.
7. Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operates machines, and visually inspects parts products.
8. Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and bending.
9. Physical strength sufficient to lift and carry 40 pounds frequently.
10. Must have acceptable scores on pre-employment assessments.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).