Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to machine plastic or metal work pieces. Will be able to work to exacting tolerances, determine speeds and feeds, and sharpen own tools. Must be able to visualize finished product, recognize and report corrections in blueprint errors. May operate molding machine to form sand molds used in production of metal castings with the ability to perform the following duties:
• Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations.
• Selects, positions, and secures tool in tool holder
• Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
• Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut
• Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and turns hand wheel to feed tool to work piece or vice versa, and engages feed
• Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
• Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools
• Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools
• Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Listens and gets clarification.
• Able to read and interpret written information.
• Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback.
• Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Is consistently at work and on time.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent with one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Pearland, Texas, United States