Supervisor, Provider Services
Under the general direction of Provider Service Call Center Manager, the Call Center Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of staff in the Provider Service Call Center. The Call Center Supervisor's primary function is to support and coach front-line staff to deliver accurate information, assist with problem resolution and to exceed expectations. In addition, the Call Center Supervisor plays an integral role in the recruitment and selection process. The Provider Service Supervisor is also responsible for participating in the recommendation, development and implementation of short- and long-term quality service strategies, which improve call center operations and overall satisfaction.
* Actively coach and monitor representative calls and provide on-the-spot positive and constructive feedback.
* Coach staff during the problem-solving process.
* Conduct and document individual monthly performance discussions with each direct report that communicates strengths and areas for improvement.
* Motivate staff to understand and accept change in a positive manner.
* Encourage and support career development opportunities.
* Participate in the training of new and existing staff.
Communication (Written and Verbal):
* Proficient in writing clear and concise correspondence.
* Demonstrate strong presentation skills.
* Communicate expectations and provide direction in a clear and concise manner.
* Provide current information that helps staff to solve and/or anticipate problems.
* Document and deliver annual performance assessment and development plan for direct reports.
Decision-Making and Problem Solving:
* Address employee relation issues consistently, fairly and in a timely manner.
* Display maturity, professionalism and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive issues.
* Consistently adhere to company and department guidelines.
* Screen, behaviorally interview and recommend hiring of highly qualified Provider
* Service representatives.
* Proactively identifies and manages staff performance issues.
* Supervise, coach, mentor, recognize and reward direct report staff.
* Ensure staff has the tools, skills and knowledge to perform job functions.
* Conduct, lead and facilitate team meetings.
* Present and participate regularly at department meetings, training classes and management team meetings.
* Analyze and evaluate call coaching results and quantitative statistics and data as a means to identify and improve individual, team and department performance and improve customer satisfaction.
Passion for Service:
* Inspire and motivate staff to deliver exceptional service to Providers and members through example, innovation, risk taking and a willingness to explore new ideas.
* Respond to customer calls as escalated by staff.
* Empower front-line staff to find creative solutions to member issues and problems.
* Recommend and participate in the development and implementation of short- and long-term service strategies, which result in enhanced service to customers.
* Recommend and implement operational changes or enhancements that improve effective and efficient delivery of outstanding customer service.
* Consistently solicit staff input and feedback and encourage staff participation.
* Foster a work environment that is responsible and sensitive to the needs of a diverse staff and membership.
* Promote positive business relationships with staff in other THP departments to build mutual respect and cooperation.
* Participate in initiatives and identify opportunities for improvement that contribute to team and department success.
* Effectively prioritize tasks and ensure deadlines are met.
* Schedule quality reviews and conduct monthly coaching sessions with each member of the team.
* Document and deliver critical skills and abilities assessment tool bi-annually to all staff.
* Conduct annual performance appraisals on time, targeted at individual needs and professional goals.
* Maintain an up-to-date and working knowledge of THP database systems, policies and procedures, benefits, claims, enrollment programs, and state and federal mandates.
* Provide on-the-spot technical and behavioral support to all front-line staff.
* Assist in new hire and ongoing training programs. Ensure staff is knowledgeable of THP policies, products, benefits and procedures through active coaching and educational training.
* Function as an internal consultant to staff in answering and resolving complex issues.
EDUCATION: (Minimum educations & certifications required)
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
Minimum of 2-3 years customer service and/or call center experience.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
Knowledge of Health Plan products and services, including knowledge of key operations departments, their functions and a familiarity with professional relations, medical management and marketing services is required. Must have the ability to appropriately identify emergency situations and follow the appropriate protocol. Must be knowledgeable of resources available within the organization to resolve both internal and external problems and concerns.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Requires the ability to work in a complex environment. Must be able to exercise excellent judgment and be effective working autonomously. Strong information management skills including the ability to organize information identify subtle and/or complex product and service delivery issues that impact customers and the ability to articulate and pursue solutions to problems impacting service.
Ability to develop staff and promote a cohesive team environment within Provider Services. Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to provide direction to staff and to facilitate development and implementation of key departmental initiatives.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
An open cubical environment with a Personal Computer and telephone. Occasional evening, or extended workdays may be required. Fast paced environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires the ability to balance multiple priorities and function in a complex, rapidly changing environment. Requires a high level of initiative and decision-making skills. Must anticipate, defuse, and redirect potentially problematic situations.
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy and department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Watertown.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process