With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O’Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic brands in North America and Alpro and Provamel brands in Europe, WhiteWave Foods has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities. GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting directly to the Shipping Supervisor, the Shipping Dispatcher is responsible for directing, coordinating, and executing the activities of inbound and outbound trucks in a courteous and professional manner. The individual in this role must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment that is focused on supporting customers, internal departments, and truck drivers. Essential Functions Required:
- Process check-in forms, ensuring information matches data in the SAP.
- Identify and assign open dock space to drivers utilizing the Client Prioritization list.
- Scan and email inbound truck Bills of Lading (BOLs) to multiple internal departments.
- Generate customer orders and assign to loading team members.
- Partner with the Sales and Production teams to resolve Product Availability issues, and update order data in multiple databases.
- Confirm order completion by providing finalized BOLs and other appropriate documents as set per customer contract.
- Scan and electronically file signed BOLs.
- Assign reason codes to trucks that exceed Truck Turnaround Time standard.
- Ensure the accurate input of shipping databases (i.e. Excel, I-Trade, SAP).
- Resolve all customer and driver shipment loading issues (telephone, email, and in person) and respond in a way that provides the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Cooperate with supervisors and managers and ensure compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 - Section 110.
- Put all necessary information into PCIT to create Phyto documentation and provide county inspector with needed product to create the documents.
- Keep recorder inventory up to date.
- Print out all emails and orders for fed ex samples orders for appointed loader. Create labels for the Fed Ex samples in a timely manner.
- Answer phones in a professional manner, this includes answering any questions for dispatchers, brokers, sales rep, etc.
- Execute all reports on a regular basis; Load Times, Dock KPI and Missed Appointments.
- Keep al logs updated such as shortages and/or inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain focus on the company’s top 5 customers and ensuring they get loaded in a timely manner to prevent high load times.
- Maintain daily reports for the daily pass meeting (short sheet, missing del notes, etc)
- Ensure that all Geo recorders are submitted into the Sensitech website.
- Follow up with allocations sent out by inventory group to maintain proper rotation and reduce dumps in warehouse.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Proactively assist team members, managers and employees as needed.
- Maintain composure under difficult circumstances and effectively deal with customers and drivers when they are angry or upset.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Communicate special instructions or possible issues that may affect cross-functional groups during shift changes.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- One (1) to three (3) years shipping coordination experience and customer service required.
- Ability to speak, write and read in the English language (e.g., digital displays and written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals); bilingual/bi-literate English and Spanish skills required.
- Knowledge of Phyto-Sanitary certificates, Confirmation of Sale (COS), and Certified Quarantine Certification (CQC) preferred.
- Prior experience using a computer-based SAP required.
- Knowledge of I-Trade preferred.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
SALARY: WhiteWave Foods Company offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts WhiteWave Foods, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
WhiteWave Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to give equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, genetic testing information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military service, status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, disability or any other consideration made unlawful by state, federal or local law. All employment practices and personnel actions, including hiring, termination, job assignment, compensation, discipline, and access to benefits and training are made without regard to any status protected under applicable law. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization, whether that is a new hire, a transfer to another position, or a promotion.
This policy applies to all persons involved in the operation of WhiteWave Foods, including, but not limited to, employees, vendors, customers and their employees, contract and temporary workers and anyone else on the Company’s property.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in San Juan Bautista.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process