Enterprise Community Partners, Inc. is a leading provider of capital and expertise for affordable housing in diverse, thriving communities nationwide. Enterprise offers a range of financial products and programs to low and moderate income individuals to improve and increase the supply of affordable housing, as well as revitalize communities.
For more than 30 years, Enterprise has introduced solutions through public-private partnerships with financial institutions, governments, community organizations and other partners that share their vision that one day, every person will have an affordable home in a vibrant community, filled with promise and the opportunity for a good life. Since its founding, Enterprise has raised and invested nearly $14 billion in equity, grants and loans to help build or preserve 300,000 affordable rental and for-sale homes, creating vital communities, and more than half a million jobs nationwide.
Enterprise believes that opportunity begins when people have a safe, healthy, and affordable place to call home. It grows with access to good schools, jobs, transit, and healthcare. Achieving this vision for low-income families requires a comprehensive approach focused on both systems improvements and transformational changes to policy, practice, and investment strategies.
Building on decades of cross-sector collaboration to create and promote healthy housing, Enterprise’s Health and Housing Initiative brings together the fields of health care, affordable housing, and community development. Together, we are developing and testing new models for cross-sector collaboration and scaling solutions for greater impact to address the significant health needs in low-income communities.
About the Position
The Senior Director for Health and Housing will be responsible for all aspects of Enterprise’s Health and Housing Initiative. This includes:
• supporting housing as a platform for wellness through innovative approaches to housing-based health services, and evaluating health care savings and improved resident health;
• nurturing strategic partnerships with the healthcare sector, including hospitals and other anchor institutions, to work across the Enterprise platform to bring new capital and other resources for healthy affordable housing and community development;
• developing health planning strategies and tools to make health a priority in design and operation of affordable housing; and
• supporting the development of a research agenda to strengthen the evidence base for housing as a means to improve resident and community health.
The position is based in Washington, DC, and reports to the Vice President of National Initiatives.Job Responsibilities
• Lead cross cutting health and housing team, including key staff from our regional markets, research, policy, national initiatives and capital teams to develop and ensure strong execution of key priorities in the emerging health and housing space.
• Work closely with our subject matter experts, business line leaders, and senior management to ensure that Enterprise is positioned effectively in this space, both internally and externally.
• Develop and implement a consistent long-term fundraising strategy; includes identifying prospects, funder cultivation and relationship management, and active engagement around partnership opportunities.
• Manage discretionary resources and budgets for the Health and Housing Initiative, including a plan for long term financial sustainability.
• Manage a national communications strategy related to Enterprise’s Health and Housing Initiative, and coordinate knowledge sharing across the organization.
• Represent Enterprise’s Health and Housing Initiative in national and regional conferences, meetings and other external events, including testimonies, speeches and panel discussions.
• Cultivate and maintain successful relationships with external industry partners, in both the housing/community development space and the health space.
• Manage Enterprise’s Health Advisory Council, a group of health industry experts who give feedback and recommendations on our health and housing strategies and services.
• Collaborate on other related Enterprise projects, as appropriate.
• Demonstrated commitment to improving opportunities for low-income families in the context of community development, affordable housing, and/or health sectors.
• Undergraduate degree and at least 10 years of relevant public health, healthcare industry, community development, real estate development and/or finance experience. Graduate degree strongly preferred and may be substituted for up to 2 years of experience.
• Expert knowledge of and professional experience in the areas of community development, affordable housing, and health policy and financing mechanisms.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and experiences strongly preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated project management experience, managing complex efforts and diverse teams located across multiple offices.
• Outstanding oral and written communications skills, including using social media to advance awareness and education.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment, often under tight deadlines.
Additional Info. -
• Ability to travel nationally up to 25% of time.