Troubleshoot, repair and maintain plant mechanical and electrical equipment including: screening operation and associated conveyors, Main automatic packaging system consisting of belt conveyors, bag hanger, weigh scale, bag heat sealer, palletizer and stretch wrap machine. Small bagging line with belt conveyor, auger filler, heat sealer, and shrink wrap machine.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Uses electrical test equipment including but not limited to; multimeter, ammeters, current loop calibrators, oscilloscope, capacitor tester to diagnose electrical control problems.
- Repairs and replaces defective electrical and control devices.
- Is able to perform Maintenance B duties and responsibilities.
- Directs “B” Maintenance Mechanics in electrical and control repairs.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Is able to observe changes in day to day machinery operation, based on these observations is able to implement preventive maintenance before failure occurs.
- Is able to successfully follow preventive maintenance.
- Is able to conduct successful and permanent repairs of equipment.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Maintain the critical parts inventory and stores.
- Assist with spare parts ordering.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Mechanical and/or Electronic/Electrical Apprentice program or Technical School graduate in Mechanical and/or Electronics/Electrical program and 2 plus years related experience. Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Fairless Hills.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process