Cold Header Machine Equipment Operator - 2nd Shift (2046)
Basic Job Info
At least 3 year(s)
Position at Commercial Construction North America
ITW Commercial Construction, NA is seeking a Cold Header Machine Operator (2nd shift) to complete basic setup, operation, and pin forming equipment such as knurlers and wafios.
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer-centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910. ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Performs setup and operates a variety of in-lined equipment to cold head, point and thread-roll fasteners for commercial construction applications
- Required to run, setup, adjust and maintain quality of parts from knurlers, wafios, and other related equipment.
- Keep accurate count of parts produced and perform material handling as required.
- Performs quality checks in adherence to specifications sheets; will also be responsible for documentation; informing team leaders and of quality problems.
- Troubleshoot machines and perform minor and preventive maintenance tasks to equipment.
- Ensures all housekeeping practices and procedures are met
- Drives safety practices and procedures including identifying safety hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 3 years of experience in high- volume manufacturing highlypreferred (e.g. equipment setup/operation/changeover, use of measurement tools and knowledge of preventive maintenance).
- Willing to work 2:00PM - 10:30 PM with some mandatory overtime including weekends.
- Demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude.
- Forklift certified/previous usage of hand lifts, preferred.
- Ability to recognize and identify parts, problems, and offer resolutions.
- Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers/decimals and the ability to apply concepts of business math to practical situations.
- Must possess the ability to apply understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess ability to meet physical demands to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
for information on how to contact us directly.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Roselle.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process