Position at Commercial Construction North America
ITW Commercial Construction, NA is seeking Header-Wafio Operator (3rd shift) to complete basic setup, operation, and pin forming equipment such as knurlers and wafios.
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer-centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910. ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures. Core Responsibilities:
- Performs duties to set up and operate complex
- Required to run, setup, adjust and maintain quality of parts from knurlers, wafios, and other related equipment.
- Keep accurate count of parts produced and perform material handling as required.
- Check quality of parts as required. Keep team leaders and coaches informed of quality problems.
- Troubleshoot machines and perform minor and preventive maintenance tasks to equipment.
- As a team this position is responsible for continuous operations. No scheduled machine downtime; i.e.: lunch, breaks, and shifts.
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Minimal requirement high school diploma or GED.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Able to work designated shift hours (10 PM – 6:30 AM M-F), must be able to work any mandatory overtime (may be required to work weekends)
- 3+ months of Machine Operator Experience
- Forklift certified/previous usage of hand lifts required
- Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret business and technical documents, productivity charts, procedure manuals, etc., the ability to prepare required routine reports and correspondence, the ability to communicate effectively with others, using skill and diplomacy and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers/decimals and the ability to apply concepts of business math to practical situations.
- Must possess the ability to apply understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format.
- Must possess strong knowledge, understanding and experience in various problem-solving and participatory management techniques.
- Must possess ability to lead, plan, and initiate actions during periods of representation of supervision.
- Requires the ability to work within established health, safety and quality guidelines and the ability to organize the workload and meet deadlines.
- Must possess ability to meet physical demands to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Mechanical aptitude or mechanical experience a plus.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Roselle.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process