The overall purpose of the Registered Nurse (RN) position is to participate in and oversee the assurance of the provision of resident care services consistent with accepted standards of care and assigns duties to LPN’s and/or nursing assistants as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Values and upholds the Helia Healthcare Principles and Commitments including compassion, responsiveness, teamwork, courtesy, personalized care and believing that being nice matters.
- Dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Consistent and regular attendance.
- Assures resident care is delivered in accordance with accepted standards of practice.
- Observes, assesses, and reports on resident’s conditions/changes and then documents in accordance with facility policies and as required by regulations.
- Administers medication/treatment as prescribed.
- Receives, transcribes and executes physician orders.
- Implements and evaluates resident’s plan of care.
- Identifies and secures equipment and supplies. Notifies supervisor when supplies are needed.
- Informs subordinate staff about the condition of residents and expectations/needs for the shift assigned at the beginning of each shift and receives report from subordinates throughout and at the end of each shift regarding resident conditions.
- Directs C.N.A.’s to assure care provided according to standards of practice and according to facility policies and regulations.
- Rounds with C.N.A.’s prior to end of shift to assure unit is in proper order.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Registered Nurse must have the following:
- A current, valid Illinois Registered Nurse license is required. BSN preferred.
- Education/and or experience in long-term care, acute care, or geriatric nursing preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English Language and to verbally converse with different levels of staff, parent families, and any outside customers.
- No disqualifying criminal offenses as defined by regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports nursing/patient progress notes, and nursing procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from department heads, customers (patients, family members, physicians, etc.) and the general public.
Benefits for Registered Nurse
As part of our dedicated team, you will be offered competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes full health insurance (including medical, dental, vision and pharmacy benefits), 401k, ETO, paid holidays and much more.