Title: Nurse (RN or LPN) for Home Health Care (Aurora/Broadview/Romeoville)
Job Category: Nursing/Skilled
Line of Business: HomeCare Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Nurse (RN or LPN) for Home Health Care (Aurora/Broadview/Romeoville).
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Nurse (RN or LPN) for Home Health Care (Aurora/Broadview/Romeoville) Responsibilities
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides patient care and administers medications for patients in their home environment according to a Physician's Plan of Care and under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Provide 1:1 care for client following client's plan of care at all times while maintaining client's dignity and independence.
- Monitoring clients vital statistics and reporting abnormal findings to the case manager and physician
- Administration of medications, feedings, oxygen, ostomy care as needed per client's plan of care
- Complete routines as established by other care professionals such as PT, OT, Speech Therapists
- Insure infection control policies are maintained at all times
- Follow client's plan of care.
- Accurately documenting nursing actions of all care given and communication with family, case manager, and physicians
- Documentation of progress and outcomes for established goals
- Informs physician, case manager, and families of changes in client's medical condition and needs
- Ordering supplies, medications, and feedings as needed to insure adequate amounts are on hand at all times
- Establishing and maintaining a professional relationship with families, clients, and other health providers
- Report incidents or accidents to case manager
- Ensuring all medical equipment is maintained and report faulty equipment to DME for repair
- Performs other duties designed to improve employee effectiveness as a member of the team
- Conducts self in professional and ethical manner
- Willing to assist others
- Works independently
- Handles information in a confidential manner
- Communicates in an open and honest manner
- Proof of current license as an LPN in good standing from the state(s) of practice
- Current CPR certification
- Complete a skills checklist inventory
- Has completed a Criminal Background Check indicating that the applicant does not have a record of conviction of any of the criminal offenses listed in policy and according to state regulation
- Must be able to travel to, between, and from client's location, providing own transportation
- Be able to bend stoop, push, pull, sit, and walk for periods of time
- Able to utilize proper body mechanics while lifting 50 pounds
- Knowledge of individual service plans, including understanding of client rights and health needs
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of physical assessment findings and deal with findings appropriately. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Nurse (RN or LPN) needed in Oswego/DeKalb/Broadview/Chicago areas. Full-time and part-time positions available. Flexible hours. Shifts are 8-12 hrs per day in the client's home.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
, Aurora, IL 60502 USA
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Aurora.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process