Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine\u2019s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
The Loader Operator position reports to the Plant Manager. Primary functions are to safely charge ready mix plants and material (sand and gravel), maintain stockpile areas and to service the loader. Our Redi-Mix customers, the Batchman, and the Mixer Operators are all vital to the Loader Operators performance function and should be considered as the Loader Operator \u201cCustomers\u201d.
- Operates loader to transfer material from yard to storage bins
- Grease the loader daily
- Signs and maintains raw material delivery tickets
- Confirm receipt of materials before signing tickets
- Performs daily preventative maintenance - tire pressure, oil, grease, diesel fuel, hoses for leaks and all moving parts for proper function.
- Records daily maintenance activities
- Daily pre and post trip inspections are required on the plant and loader
- Help maintain all of plant yard area for environmental compliance
- Maintain the area around the concrete pans
- Assist in the inventory process
- Report any problems to maintenance personnel and manager
- Demonstrates good knowledge of lockout/tagout procedure required during certain procedures
- Performs preventative maintenance on conveyor belts, which charge plants, and maintains other plant equipment
- Assists Batch Plant Operator and Master Maintenance Mechanic with other duties as needed
- Cleans area around aggregate charging hoppers, load point and assist in cleaning plant and yard
- Prepare and maintain an area for waste concrete to produce good reusable base material
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of Company Rules and Regulations, and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, TNRCC, EPA, and other regulatory agencies
- Assist with training of co-workers as needed
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures, wear PPE and promote a 24/7 Safe Culture
- Perform other duties as required by Production Coordinator
- Able to cross train in areas not limited to but including batch operators, driving mixer & heavy equipment.
- Must be physically capable to climb on and under conveyor belts and work in high places. Will be required to stoop, bend, and lift heavy objects such as shovels full of concrete materials etc. on a respective basis
- Must be able to use hand tools and grease gun to perform all phases of loader maintenance.
- Flexible attitude engaged in team goals
- Ability to drive long distances to various locations.
- Must be willing to cross train throughout plant operations
- Six months of experience in operation and maintenance of a front end loader
- Must have class B CDL (Redi - Mix driving experience preferred) Might want to not require CDL for this position and not required to cross train to drive a mixer. Could be just preferred
- Must review and perform the duties listed in \u201cThe Loader Operator Work Instructions\u201d
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged sitting/standing, balance, bend from trunk, operate mobile equipment, push and pull objects
- Lift objects of various dimension and weights
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands
- Ability to operate foot controls with both feet
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
- Ability to work in cramped quarters
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 100 feet
- Climb in and out of loader minimum 30 times per day, climb to 10 feet to clean loader, walk on uneven ground minimum 30 times per day up to 100 yards
- Climb conveyor system 10 times per day, climb to 200\u201d to clean and maintain
- Read delivery tickets, maps, etc.
- Use needed solvents to scrub and wash loader daily, climb over and under loader to visually inspect same.
- Work in confined spaces under hood, and in framework to clean loader as needed.
- Use hand tools (wrenches, drill, etc.) to make minor repairs
- Hear and see problem indicators that warrant attention/repairs
- Shoveling, sweeping, picking up trash, painting and general cleanup of plant areas
- D.O.T. physical required
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident \u2013 Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program \u2013 for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Round Rock.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process