Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of innovative water management products and drainage solutions. ADS operates a global network of 61 manufacturing plants and 29 distribution centers through our 3,800 employee team members.
Why choose ADS? We seek out the best talent and provide you with resources for career development, support and the chance to lead something big. We offer tremendous opportunity for individuals who want to advance in the industry through innovation and leadership. Choosing a career with ADS means joining a great company and being part of a great family.
Find out more by visiting us at http://www.ads-pipe.com/en/contact/ads_careers.asp.
A Pelletizing Line Operator is responsible for performing and maintaining the daily activities associated with a Pelletizing line. This includes housekeeping, safety, quality, maintaining production efficiencies, repair and maintenance and minimizing downtime. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. Ability to work varying shifts is also required due to equipment changeovers. A Pelletizing Line Operator reports directly to the shift Wash Line Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
- Completion of shift production and reporting paperwork
- Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to Production Supervisor
- Meet ADS and AASHTO quality specifications for all products produced
- Assist with Preventive Maintenance program as required
- Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform repairs and adjustments to meet production needs as required
- Practice proper forklift operation and preventive maintenance
- Maintain ability to operate various production lines and processes effectively; earn certifications
- Maintain facility housekeeping
- Adhere to ADS product sampling schedule
- Maintain and build job skills through company training programs
- Perform tooling changeovers in an efficient manner
- Meet or exceed standard production efficiencies on all production lines
- Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair abilities
- Ability to operate heavy machinery, i.e. forklifts, in a safe manner
- Reading and Writing skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds to a height of 6 feet
- The employee will be working specified shifts and moving around at all times, which will require the ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
- Facilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes
- The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods
- The Position requires full range of body motion on a daily basis including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Shippenville.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process