Job Posting Title:
Position Summary: Supervises the operations of a specific production department within the facility. When absent, the Team Leader Production will assume the necessary operational and administrative duties.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for managing plant production activities across multiple shifts and/or departments to produce products that meet established quality, customer service, safety, innovation and cost metrics consistent with schedules and policies.
- Implements standard work and maintains improvement through sustaining behaviors, operating with discipline and rigor, implementing autonomous maintenance.
- Oversees the production of quality products to fulfill customer requirements.
- Controls and effectively utilizes the production capacity, manpower and equipment and outside resources through planning, organizing and scheduling to minimize losses; works within the framework of the budget to optimize company profitability.
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 years related experience
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Good hand/eye coordination, motor skills, 20/20 corrected vision and hearing within the normal range.
Environmental, Health and Safety Requirements:
- Must wear all required personal protection equipment associated with specific manufacturing work environment and job duties as stated in the Employee Handbook, posted policies, or as assigned by leadership personnel.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment and follow all safety policies and procedures, such as lock out/tag out, safe lifting techniques, and all others as instructed.
- Inform Management of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which become noncompliant with specified requirements.
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Buckner.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process