Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) is a leading regional home improvement retailer operating full-service hardware and garden stores on the West Coast in California and Oregon. Orchard is growing and will be opening new stores in Florida.
Orchard stores offer a comprehensive selection of hardware, lawn and garden, and specialty products. The company has a rich heritage and was founded in 1931 as a farmers' cooperative in the Santa Clara Valley offering supplies to local growers. Over subsequent years, the company focused on the retail customer, the do it yourself customer. It became known for offering a strong in-stock position, high customer service, and a broad assortment even though it did not offer building commodities (such as lumber).
Orchard Supply Hardware was acquired by Lowe’s in late 2013. Under Lowe’s ownership, Orchard will continue to expand along the West Coast and in Florida. Lowe’s will operate the business as a stand-alone entity which will continue to be based in San Jose, California.
Front End Lead
The Front End Lead will perform all the necessary duties to accurately, efficiently, and professionally manage his/her assigned area of responsibility. The Front End Lead will manage his/her department and ensure that everything possible is done to meet customer, associate and business needs. The Front End Lead personally demonstrates and clearly communicates performance and customer service standards and expectations to all associates and evaluates the execution of that performance. Acting as a leader in the store and is a critical member of the store team. The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with people, can work under pressure, and most importantly has a positive can-do attitude.
• Fulfill key carrier duties
• Demonstrate and teach Legendary Customer Service
• Handle customer questions or problems as they arise with urgency and professionalism.
• Maintain store security, safety and presentation
• Supervise associates and manage store talent
• Assist with associate selection, supervision, reviews, corrective action, and counseling
• Supervise and train associates in your department and create daily work assignments
• Communicate and ensure compliance with all company-driven programs, initiatives, and directives.
• Profitably manage the Front End department • Other duties and leadership responsibilities as asRequirements Job Requirements: