Who we are….
Packaging Personified continues to grow and has become a nationwide supplier of packaging and associated services for a wide variety of flexible packaging products. Growing to include a multi-site manufacturer with on-site extrusion, flexographic printing, converting, laser-perforation, lamination, graphics separation and proofing and consultation. Packaging Personified is the perfect example of how striving to deliver quality and service builds customer relationships and opportunities to grow.
What we are looking for…..
We currently have 2 available positions (1st and 2nd shift) for skilled Maintenance Mechanics at our Sparta, MI state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, just outside Grand Rapids! As a key member of our maintenance team, your expert technical troubleshooting and critical thinking skills will be valued as we strive to keep production moving and downtime to a minimum by maintaining, repairing, and installing all electrical, mechanical, and production equipment, as well as all other company assets. Safety and quality are our passion and commitment to our clients!
What you’ll be doing…
- Perform breakdown repairs, installation, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, etc. on all production equipment, utilities and building to maximize efficiency and reduce down time,
- Perform moderate to complex adjustments, maintenance and repairs to plant equipment such as slitters, extruders, flexographic printers, side-weld bag machines, solventless laminators and auxiliary equipment.
- Troubleshoot both electrical and mechanical problems with emphasis on electrical.
- Respond to immediate repair requests of electrical, mechanical and production machinery and building equipment.
- Work from drawings, schematics, blueprints, job layouts, and written verbal instructions to perform assigned tasks.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance checks on all production equipment and machinery,.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
What you’ll need…
Our work environment & the physical demands of this position…
- High school diploma or equivalent required; AA or vocational schooling schooling a plus, but not required.
- Must have 5+ years' experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance, repair and installation in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong ability in all areas of electrical maintenance, including 480v 3-phase motors. variable frequency drives, and controls is required.
- Experience with mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, blue prints, motor drives, controls and PLC.
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills to understand root cause, impact on production and prevent down time in the future.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble equipment.
- Ability to read and follow equipment manufacturers' specifications, etc.
- Strong commitment to conduct preventive maintenance.
- Ability to effectively communicate with fellow employees.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- A drive to succeed.
- A can-do attitude.
- A self-starter approach.
Physical working area is multi-shift, high speed packaging operations which may be noisy and very warm. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work safely around machinery and chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What we are excited to offer you…
- SIGN ON BONUS!
- Excellent starting pay commensurate with experience ($25-$30+ PER HOUR)
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, prescription coverage, vision, short-term disability, 401k with a generous company match, approved job-related training reimbursement, paid holidays and paid time off.
- Hundreds of available discounts on car rentals, hotels, theater and concert tickets, pet care, child care, theme parks, waterparks, apparel, financial assistance, education, and MUCH MORE, offered through LifeCare, at no cost to you!
- Discounts on Verizon products and services!
Most importantly, we offer you the chance to join an innovative company focused on growth and success, driven by each team member’s contributions! Come join us, apply today! We’d love to talk with you!
Packaging Personified is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment screenings and/or testing (including drug screen, background and criminal checks, and applicable skills testing).
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Sparta.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process