The purpose of the Shift Supervisor in Plant 6 is to ensure that the production schedules have minimum down time with needed materials available and accessible and also is responsible for the managing of employees, time and resources. Hours are Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM with occasional weekends.
Minimum Experience And Qualifications:
1. 3 year(s) required in a manufacturing environment working in management or supervisory role.
2. Ability to effectively utilize all job applicable software products.
3. Detailed understanding of applicable manufacturing processes entailed in this position.
4. Effective and proven department/employee management skills.
5. Knowledge of general employee safety guidelines in a production facility.
6. Proven skills in the operation of applicable production machinery.
High School Diploma/GED
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitors the production process including the furnace, caster, mill, leveler and slitter ensuring that all safety procedures and production controls are being followed and adhered to throughout the production operation.
2. Supervises the work activities of shift employees and other support personnel which includes informing them of work schedules, providing guidance, addressing performance issues and distributing time sheets.
3. Maintains awareness of the stock level of necessary materials such as prime and alloying elements to ensure the required materials are available for continuous operations of the current and subsequent shifts.
4. Inspects and reviews the inventory of the mill, caster, furnace and coolant room to ensure ample supplies are available and if a shortage is discovered the Shift Supervisor should take necessary steps to obtain additional supplies.
5. Reviews the casting and rolling schedules to ensure that orders for any necessary supplies are placed in a timely manner to prevent the disruption of set production schedules.
6. Prepares and reviews all required reports detailing activities during the assigned shift and distributes them to designated personnel ensuring all information in such reports are accurate and complete.
7. Reviews shift production reports and downstream quality reports to determine the quality of produced products and to identify any production issues that need correcting before they impact internal or external customers.
8. Updates the order status of purchased products to the different applicable departments and assists in the coordination of the shipping and receiving functions.
9. Continuously maintains awareness of any production problems and develops strategies and procedures to correct existing problems and to help eliminate any future production related issues.
10. Maintains communication and accessibility with the Superintendent, General Manager and other key contacts within and outside the Company on a regular basis.
11. Ensures that all employees are aware of and adhere to all applicable safety procedures and practices to minimize safety related accidents.
12. Adheres to the attendance policy and performs additional related or non-related job functions.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Foley.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process