Medline’s HR team has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Human Resources based at our Sterile Procedure Tray (SPT) division in Waukegan, IL. We are looking for an exceptional HR professional who thrives in an extremely fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Under the direction of the Vice President-Human Resources, the HR Director aligns divisional HR practices with overall corporate direction, and partners with division business leaders to develop human resources strategies and tactics to attract, manage, develop and retain employees and to achieve business objectives. The HR Director anticipates and plans for long-term HR needs and trends, and leads HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment/ ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Director is responsible for ensuring divisions are operating in accordance with federal, state, and local employment requirements, e.g., Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII, etc.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead HR programs and policies through partnering with business leaders while managing the tactical implementation through HR managers.
- Develop processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
- Counsel and assist business leaders to maintain, identify and implement actions that improve or maintain a positive employee relations environment. Identify any internal and external factors that may affect employee retention; address these issues by working in concert with managers/supervisors to develop proactive strategies to meet or exceed turnover goals.
- Develop action plans to respond to current and anticipated staffing issues and needs.
- Identify training and development initiatives and work with Corporate Training and Development to determine training needs. Compile data and analyze past and current training requirements. Partner with Corporate Training and Development to select appropriate instructional procedures or methods to best fit division needs.
- Develop and mentor key division staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
- Assist division management with establishing and maintaining internal pay consistency and equity. Oversee the administration of corporate compensation programs including incentive and merit pay programs within the division.
- Management responsibilities may include:
- Day-to-day operations of a group of employees
- May have limited budgetary responsibility and usually contributes to budgetary impact
- Interpret and execute policies for departments/projects
- Recommend and implement new policies or modifications to existing policies
- Provide general guidelines and parameters for staff functioning
- Hiring staff, recommending pay increases, performing performance reviews, training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies
- Other projects as assigned.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Waukegan.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process