Job Title: Slitter Operator (2nd & 3rd shift)
Shift: 2nd: 3pm - 11pm, Mon – Fri, with a paid 30 minute meal break
3rd: 11 pm - 7 am, Sun-Fri, with a paid 30 minute meal break
Pay: 2nd: $16.50 / Hour
3rd: $16.00/ Hour
Location: Portland, TN
Description and Responsibilities:
- Clean the slitting line.
- Clean the slitter prior to processing dry material.
- Unpackage coils prior to processing.
- Load the four-arm turnstile.
- Set up slitter head and arm.
- Set up the tension stand separator and the overarm.
- Place the coil onto the uncoiler.
- Inspect material during processing.
- Feed strip to slitter head.
- Operate the scrap baller/winders.
- Feed the strip from the slitter head to the recoiler.
- Unload to the recoiler.
- Unload the exit cart & four-arm turnstile.
- Complete a slitting & final inspection report.
- Tag the finished product.
- Update office production database.
- Tag all coils processed, on slitter line.
- Place any nonconforming material found during slitting inspection or during final inspection on Hold.
- Inspection of slitter knives.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to operate various plant equipment
- Ability to key information into plant computer
- Ability to use precise measurement devices
- Ability to be trained in detection of steel defects
a. Physical demands: Sitting – Less than 1/4 of the time.
Use of hands or fingers to handle or feel – Over 3/4 of the time.
Reach with hands and arms – Over 3/4 of the time.
Talk or hear – Over 3/4 of the time.
b. Weights to be lifted: Up to 10 pounds – Over 3/4 of the time.
Up to 25 pounds – Over 1/2 of the time.
max.50lbs – less than 1/4 of time
c. Vision requirements: Close vision (clear vision at 36 inches or less).
d. Bending/Climbing: Bending – Over 3/4 of the time.
Climbing – Over 1/2 of the time.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Portland.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process