Requisition ID 50931BR
Title Industry Practice Fellowship - Medical Affairs - Multiple Positions
Job Category Regulatory
Job Description Purpose:
The Medical Affairs (MA) Postdoctoral Fellowship is a one-year, experiential program based in Plainsboro, New Jersey. This fellowship is intended to provide experience for Doctors of Pharmacy within the pharmaceutical industry. Market Affairs postdoctoral fellow will provide assistance to Medical Affairs department at Novo Nordisk Inc. The fellow will gain the skills needed to pursue a career within the pharmaceutical industry where their education and experience can make a significant contribution to satisfying customer needs and achieving company goals.
The fellow will report to the Fellowship Manager during the one-year program. Additional key internal relationships may include: Medical Affairs management, Medical Affairs project management, Medical Communications, Clinical Trial Management, Clinical Development, Marketing and Market Shaping, Global Medical Affairs (GMA), as well as, Clinical Development, Medical & Regulatory Affairs (CMR) Training.
* Lead projects, representing Medical Affairs interests on cross-functional teams including, Medical Operations, Clinical Trial Management, Marketing and other key functional areas
* Participate in the development and execution of scientific materials and training for the Field Medical Affairs team and in-house colleagues.
* Gain working knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the pharmaceutical industry including interactions with health care professionals and potential implications for Novo Nordisk
* Participate in medical accuracy review for promotional marketing materials
* Participate in strategic planning to support the commercial and scientific objectives of the company
* Participate in the implementation of strategy, tactics and training to support effective product development, launch and life-cycle management
* Provide accurate, fair-balanced and current medical and technical information about Novo Nordisk products to healthcare professionals, key institutions, managed care organizations and the broader medical and academic community
* Understand the roles and responsibilities of Medical Affairs professionals, including Home Office and Field Based
* Develop and present a “Fellowship Research Project” poster at a professional conference during their time in the Program
* Participate in the development and execution of Professional and Advocacy Association strategies for key professional associations, organizations and societies with all relevant internal stakeholders
* Participate in the Professional & Advocacy Relations Team to ensure organizational alignment of goals and activities, including support priorities
* Extraction and interpretation of insights from scientific data, clinical experts or Key External Stakeholders
* Opinion leader identification and development of key stakeholder strategies and engagement plans
* Participate in the grant review process and analysis of educational impact
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings – approximately 15% overnight travel
Development of People:
* A Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited college of Pharmacy with strong academic track record required
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities
* Possess good communication skills, both oral, written and presentation
* Presentable, highly articulate, goal-oriented, honest, with high integrity and strong ethics.
* Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and MS word software applications and overall computer skills with knowledge of literature search techniques required.
* Track record of team work, innovation, and project management.
Department CMR - FMA CLINICAL STRATEGY
Position Location US - Plainsboro, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting "Yes" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Plainsboro Center.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process