Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for spacing blades on slitter, according to width specified for strips, and turns setscrew to secure blades in position, using hand tools.
* Reads Manufacturing Specifications to determine how product should be slit and packaged.
* Reads and follows Work Instructions that are related to assignment.
* Mounts rolls of material on machine supports and threads material in accordance with specifications for the material being converted.
* Secures ends of slit material around takeup tubes.
* Starts machine and observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and winding or defects in material.
* Adjust controls to stop, start, and regulate speed of machine and to align material with rotary blades.
* Disengages winding shaft and removes completed rolls of material.
* With the help of the assistant slitting operator/ or the production helper, pushes finished rolls to bench and removes shaft.
* Responsible for maintaining quality and safety standards.
* The slitter operator will also be performing the duties described under Production Helper and Asst. Slitter Operator as necessary.
* Responsible for the safety of other employees in operator's working area
* Accountable for the quality of the finish product
* Responsible for the overall housekeeping of assigned working area
* Responsible for accuracy and timely completion of all required "end of shift" daily reports.
* Utilizes a fork truck to get and move material.
* Other duties as assigned