The Technical Applications Analyst is responsible for design, development, testing, deployment, administration, support and ongoing maintenance for business and clinical information technology. Works with business support and clinical teams in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for the business and clinical applications and their interfaces. Under the direction of the Business Applications Manager or Senior Technical Applications Analyst, performs as leader for small scale projects. Complies with corporate and departmental policies and demonstrates good communication skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Creating Ad Hoc SSRS Reports
- Creating and modifying queries and stored procedures using SQL 2008
- Creating stored procedures using T-SQL 2008
- Implementing SQL Server Security functions
- Testing and modifying SSRS Reports
- Supporting and enhancing SharePoint site by creating and adding various components
- Supporting and enhancing SharePoint document management system
- Performing data migrations and data integrations using SSIS with SQL 2008 and SQL 2012
- Modifying and configuration MS Access Databases
- Performing data analysis and database design
- Implementing and creating procedures to ensure HIPAA regulations are following within business applications
- Implementing HIPAA practices by ensuring sensitive data is encrypted
- Holding status meetings with team members and external vendors
- Vendor Procurement
- Implementing database security scripts
- Responding to help desk tickets in a timely fashion
- Creating user and technical documentation
- Creating embedded code for existing reports using VB.NET
- Interpreting existing code using C#
- Performing systems analysis on potential projects
- Overseeing off shore resources
- Creating data flow diagrams for upcoming projects
- Training and mentoring junior analysts
- Offering suggestions for contingency plans for software recovery
- Creating project plans and scope documents
- Supporting in house content management systems: SharePoint, Great Plains
- Creating functional and UAT test cases
- Interpreting Cerner reports using CCL
- Data modeling and data architecture using Visio
- Responding to after-hours calls and emergencies
- Utilizing project management tools such as Microsoft Project
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in information systems (e.g. Computer Science). Work experiences can replace traditional educational requirements.
- Knowledge of healthcare business support processes in one or more area.
- Experience working within Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office tools.
- Personal computer skills necessary to prepare project plans, presentations, flow charts, test plans, etc.
- Ability to work independently with users to define how technology can drive business processes.
- Analytical skills necessary to resolve issues and/or increase operational efficiency of the business support processes.
- Ability to pay close attention to details when designing, implementing, documenting and maintaining system functions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to actively listen and communicate effectively with IS peers and user community to deliver and support systems based on user needs.
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Ability to manage small-scale systems implementation projects.
- Knowledge of ANSI SQL scripting for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Cerner Command Language (CCL) for troubleshooting a plus.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work with a multi-million dollar healthcare end user while further progressing your professional career and experience with Dynamics GP and SQL skills.
What you need to know now
If you're interested in this role, send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (646) 350-3429.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics recruitment, advertising more Great Plains / Dynamics GP jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Dynamics market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and Great Plains / MS Dynamics GP jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Microsoft Dynamics GP / Great Plains candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Microsoft Dynamics opportunities!
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Chicago.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process