The Business Systems Analyst will act as a key contributor in MGM Resorts IT Team through functional and technical requirements capture and design collaboration. Core responsibilities include capturing high-level customer functional and technical requirements, analyzing business processes, and supporting design / build / test execution of related Business Solutions demand. The Analyst collaborates with all technology disciplines, business, vendors, and customers to analyze, define, and develop requirements to ensure solutions are developed in support of the business.
- Act as liaison between end-users, application architects, project team members, and information technology cross-disciplines, business stakeholders etc., to ensure what is being deployed will successfully deliver on the business goals.
- Capture requirements, analyze and assess current state capabilities, and analyze business and IT processes by gathering input from a variety of sources.
- Translate captured requirements into detailed requirements documentation to ensure clear and complete requirements for solution delivery and testing.
- Document/Create “To Be Process” using various tools as appropriate.
- Articulate how requirements map to and impact the application/s.
- Collaborate with Developers, Architects, delivery leads, and end users to design appropriate solutions
- Create and maintain workflow diagrams, data flow definitions, functional design documentation, requirements/traceability deliverables, technical documentation, application documentation, and training documentation.
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, regression, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the testing output, POCs, Pilots, and other identified work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Complete cost benefit analysis, ROI, and other financial analyses for related business lines related to system upgrades, replacements, and changes.
- Create Business Case for related business lines to support system upgrades, replacements, and changes.
- Identify and support execution of process improvement opportunities.
- Prioritize requirements and create conceptual design documentation of completed process.
- Adhere to enterprise standards, guidelines, and methodologies.
- Identify risks and issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 3 years of experience in Software, IT, Hospitality, Gaming, or related field.
- Ability to gather and analyze business processes needs and translate into requirements and technical specifications for solution design and delivery.
- Ability to listen effectively, process information, asks appropriate questions for clarification, and execute tasks accordingly.
- Ability to work in a high stress fast paced environment managing multiple tasks, projects, and personnel simultaneously.
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness and quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Ability to produce high quality work products, with consistency, accuracy, and completeness.
- Ability to develop test conditions and expected results based on the application requirements.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting duties and maintain timeline integrity for projects and tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple vendor, IT, and business contacts.
- Ability to self-manage while consistently exercising good judgment and maturity.
- Ability to deliver quality business specifications and solutions.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in plain language.
- Working knowledge of data structures (databases, files, and spreadsheets), data analysis, data reporting and intelligence tools.
- Highly developed organizational skills to function effectively while still maintaining attention to detail and meeting established deadlines.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner.
- Previous Experience as a Technical/Business/Business Systems Analyst or equivalent.
- Previous experience in hospitality or related industry.
- Strong team player that has a direct approach and is solution oriented.
- Strong research and business writing skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 5 years as a business analyst, architect, or developer.
- At least 3 years in an IT delivery organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- CBAP Certified.
- Previous experience in a similar resort setting.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Las Vegas.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process