Springall Academy is looking for an Education Specialist with a Mild-Mod Credential or Education Specialist Mild/Moderate Intern Credential. Teacher is responsible for a caseload of 12-14 students, developing and writing IEP’s, implementing lesson plans that align with state standards and IEP goals, classroom behavior management, curriculum development and above all working with a team that provides a therapeutic educational placement for students with special needs. The classroom is supported both by the Director, Associate Director and the Direct Service providers (OT, SLP and Counseling).
- Seeking Education Specialist with a Mild-Mod Credential or Education Speacialist Mild/Moderate Intern Credential.
- Attends training sessions, passes content assessment, and delivers designated instructional models for eligible students through utilization of Catapult materials and educational strategies.
- Identifies and enrolls eligible students through existing test scores, administering tests, and/or other acceptable methods as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Develops and maintains individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from Catapult classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Establishes and maintains a positive customer relationship with classroom teachers and principals, including providing achievement objectives and updated approved schedules of services.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with Catapult Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Conducts progress monitoring.
- Write IEP’s and Implement accommodations and modifications in the classroom.
- Conduct and participate in IEP Meeting.
- Create and Implement FBA’s and Behavior Plans.
- Experience with Classroom Beahavior Management.
- Create weekly lesson plans that meet the needs of the students.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies.
- Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers.
- Must be flexible.
- Bachelors Degree in Special Education; from an accredited University
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
- School is located in San Carlos area of San Diego
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in San Diego.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process