Belflex is seeking experienced and motivated packaging associates for a great long-term opportunity with local foam insulation company located in the Greer SC area.
Training is typically on 1st shift (06:00 am - 03:00 pm M-Th and 06:00 am - 12:00 pm Fr) for 2 or 3 weeks and then assigned to the 2nd shift (09:30 am - 06:30 pm M-Th and 09:30 am - 03:30 pm Fr). Steel-toed shoes are required.
Heavy lifter preferred.
The purpose of this job is to perform final inspection, stack, count, package and prepare finished bundles of foam insulation panels for delivery to the end-user. Salvage work, offline assembly and housekeeping are also important components of this job.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect foam insulation boards / panels.
- Stack foam insulation boards / panels into units approximately 48 inches in height.
- palatalize and properly label verified insulation units by fastening palatalizing materials and stretch wrapping finished units through automatic machinery for delivery to the storage area.
- Perform salvage operations as necessary.
- Fabricate composite panels in an adjacent offline work space.
- Keep packaging area neat and presentable.
Other duties as assigned.Band saw, bi-sect saw, salvage saw, stretch wrappers, hooder, dust collectors, sticker slitter, glue gun (may be trained to operate forklift and scissors lift).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand during working time of a 10-hour shift.
- The employee is regularly required to walk the length of the packaging line.
- The employee must be able to constantly use hands, fingers, and arms to adjust operational components of equipment, tools, and controls in the packaging department.
- Employee must regularly be able to use hands and arms to lift, balance and stack cut foam insulation boards/panels to 4 foot stacks.
- Employee must regularly apply labels and film to bundles of stacked product and as necessary replace film rolls weighing approximately 38 pounds.
- Employee must regularly lift and manipulate foam boards (up to 20 pounds each) and 4x8 wood panels (approximately 50 pounds each) for product assembly.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure accurate to 1/16".
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. Safety is essential because of exposure to industrial equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or hot surfaces. Walking surfaces may be uneven (steps and platforms)The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill the purpose, requirements, and physical demands of the job.
BelFlex Staffing Network is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the light industrial fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. BelFlex Staffing Network is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belflex.com
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 231494 when responding to this ad.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Greer.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process