As a Production Assistant, you will assist press operators in setting up and operation of coating and printing presses to produce products per customer standards. You will assist slitter operators in setting up and operation of slitters. The Production Assistant will appropriately understand and follow the plant's OHSE and Quality Systems to maintain a safe workplace and ensure quality product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the set-up and operation of printing and die cutting to meet quality and productivity requirements.
• Complete documentation in an accurate manner.
• Maintain housekeeping standards of production equipment and the surrounding area.
• Perform packing and material handling tasks as needed.
• Perform core cutting as required.
• Follow all company safety rules and procedures.
• Assist with training as required.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
• Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum one year in manufacturing environment.
• Experience within printing, coating, and slitting preferred.
• Good mechanical ability.
• Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• General knowledge of computers preferred.
• Ability to use gauges and calipers.
• Ability to read and understand measurements.
• Good math skills.
• Able to pay attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually high. Must be GMP compliant with gowning and proper attire/uniforms (i.e., head/shoe/beard covers and eye protection) where required. May be required to wear ear plugs. Ambient temperature can be as high as 110 degrees during summer months.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; bend; crouch; reach; kneel, crawl, use hands & fingers; talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 12 pounds, occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and push round rolls with varying weights up to 1200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Cambridge.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process